chapter 3

*skylar's P.O.V.*

I woke up frightened by strong arms wrapped around my waist. Josh must have felt my struggle, cause he shifted slightly. l looked at him to make sure he was still asleep,but when I turned around his brown eyes stared back at my blue. We held each others gaze for a moment, but i broke it by looking back down at my hands.

I felt a finger slide under my chin and pick up my face. "Why did you look down? You're so beautiful." He questioned

I felt myself blush. I shrugged. "Well don't. I like looking at your face." He said with a smile.

I returned the smile. We stared at each other for a moment before we were interrupted. It sounded like my dad yelling.

"Crap." I whispered. Josh must have heard me, cause when i looked up he had a questioning look on his face.

"I think thats my dad yelling." I said in a whisper that only him and i could hear. He nodded his head.

"Can you check? He doesn't know you. Just look for a man that's about six foot, a beer belly, and a five o'clock shadow." i said.

He nodded his head again, and got out of the box.

"Please don't let it be him.. please don't let it be him." I said aloud to myself.

Josh came back to the box about five minutes later. "I saw exactly what you described." he said with a sad look. Just my luck.

"I have to hide. Do you know any place I can?" I asked, praying for a good answer. He nodded his head yes. Jeez, he nods his head a lot. Sky this is not the time to be making jokes, a voice in the back of my head said.

He made a motion with his hand to follow him. he checked to see if the coast was clear. Thank goodness it was. He led me around corners and ally ways until we came upon an old building. "Perfect," I thought.