Chapter 5.

The weekend generally consists of Will, Chris, and I hiding in the basement, where the Xbox is, away from our mother. She will not step foot down the stairs. Apparently the basement is too dirty and not formal enough for her. Kelly or Greg come by on occasion bringing pizza and sometimes even Will and Chris's friend Nate.

Generally the Friday night party was not something the three O'Connells cared about.

Instead, a tornado hit the O'Connell household and the idea of a normal weekend went straight out the window. Of course this was not an actual tornado, just our mother turning everything she touches into rubble.

At the time, I didn't literally mean straight out the window either, but oddly enough that's exactly how the night ended. Not my night really, I was long gone by the time Will fell out the window. Just a tip, stay away from windows when you're drunk.

~*~*~*~*~

It took me two hours and three panic attacks to eventually get ready to go to the party. I couldn't wait to get my mind off of the past few days. Turning 16 was honestly the worst thing that has happened to me so far in my short life.

Fortunately for me, I haven't had a full blown panic attack yet today. You know- the ones were you're shaking so hard that you can't breathe. It's impossible to snap me out of that. Once I'm in that state, every bad day I've ever had or terrible memory comes flooding back to me which only sinks me deeper into the panicking state.

Today, I've been able to keep them under control for the most part. Only being stuck with a tear stained face and my hand being too shaky to apply mascara and eyeliner.

Being a nerd at heart, my party clothes consist of tighter than normal skinny jeans and a form-fitted silver sparkly tank top complete with my gray converse. At this moment in time, I wish I could wear one of those slutty high school party outfits with 6 inch stilettos just to pick up a random fling and forget my life.

That's what most people do right?

I don't have enough confidence to even think about doing that for more than a minute. I go to parties and talk to Kelly waiting for it to be over.

And that's exactly how the night began.

We arrived at some random guy on the soccer team's mansion around 10:30 because that's where all high school parties are held. Why go somewhere else when you can go to a mansion?

I hope you've learned at this point that my sarcasm is a bit over powering. Don't worry, it's on purpose. It's my defense against annoying people, and really all people for that matter.

Will and Chris split away from me the moment we stepped inside. There's soccer players to talk to and hot girls to make out with. They're clearly too cool to hang out with me – more sarcasm I swear, they love me whether they want to or not.

I wondered around house, more like a mansion, looking for Kelly.

When you step through the double mahogany doors with stain glass windows on the either side of the doors, you reach a foyer that rivals the size of a normal sized house. It is two stories high, with gold trim around the top and bottoms of the walls with extravagant gold-framed mirrors lining the white walls. This place would put any gothic church to shame.

The rest of the house, decorated in the same manner, is just what you would expect- gaudy. It's one of those mansions that designed to look like it stepped out of some old-fashioned magazine, but in the process forgot to make it homey.

Walking straight through the foyer, where you can see yourself in the mirrors every step of the way, you reach the kitchen which is where I first saw Kelly that night.