Maplebrook Asylum

They would ask me if I was sane. Or if I needed help, to answer their question. Yes I needed help, but when a doctor once asked me about me and if I was going insane. Every time he would ask I would give the same 2 different response.

"Sanity Ah yes, I've heard of that....It sounds dull."

Or

"Oh, Sometimes I question my sanity.... quite often it replies.."

When I gave the doctor those 2 answers, they sent me to the asylum.... for life.

Ah Maplebrook Asylum, I'm known pretty well there, I've been checked out there since I was 3 years old and I thought my hand was bitten by a dragon and I actually felt the pain.

My parents are filthy rich sooo, they can deal with the bills.

But when I'm there I meet a group of five people who made realize I'm not crazy... just mentally hilarious..

__________________________________________________________________________

I was sitting in the therapist's office on the tall chair she had and I swung my legs back and forth like a two year old. I was humming something I had made up and I started singing the words.

"A B C D E F G, Gummy Bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue. One is chewing on my shoe, now I'm running for my life cuz the green ones have a knife." I whisper-sung. My mother walked in and came over to me and stroked my curly blonde hair.

The therapist walked in and sat down. "Ah, Ms. Ceanna. Back again I see?" she asked and I nodded my head and smiled. She smiled back and when she bent over to grab her clipboard I had to try not to laugh at the hole in her pants and it was worse because she was a 60 years old woman who wears a g-string.

My mom was trying to hold back her chuckles as well and I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She looked at my blue eyes and stroked my cheekbone. Ms. Mabel sat up and sighed to herself. 

"So, Ceanna. How are you feeling?" she asked with fake concern in her voice.

"I'm doing grand.. besides the fact that I'm leaving my home forever and I get to see my parents twice a year.." I said and mom snorted at me quietly.

She nodded and didn't even catch the sarcasm and the fake smile and I giggled under my breath. She looked up.

"Do you have your bags ready?" she asked and I nodded, I got up and hugged my mom and Ms. Mabel stood up and walked towards the door. I opened the door and saw my dad and he cried into my mom's shoulder a bit. My eyes got misty, and I hugged them both and then Ms.Mabel pulled me into the car with my luggage and we started to drive to Maplebrook, it was an hours drive so i sat there and listened as the soft music of Mozart drifted through my head phones.

We arrived at Maplebrook and she threw me my bags and drove off once my body was on the solid ground. I walked in the front door and walked to the front desk and checked myself in and she showed me my room and I shared with a girl named Kirstie,  she was on a field trip so I sat on my bed and unpacked my stuff and I examined the room a bit. I hope Kirstie wasn't a serial killer and wouldn't kill me in my sleep. I have weird thoughts...

I then sat on my bed and took out my sketch book the cover had was white with black polka dots. In big bold letters in the front said, "When I went to weddings the old people who poke me and say, 'You're Next,' so I started to do the same thing to them except at funerals." I started drawing a inside of a body, but I drew it like it was a machine and in the head some of the parts were broken, wires hung out from weird places, screws threatening to fall. And at the top of the page I said in bold letters, ME.

When I had finished I heard my door open and a girl with short blonde hair and caramel colored eyes. She smiled at me, "I'm Ceanna, I'm your roommate until.... well a long time." she smiled wider,

"I'm Kirstie. It's awesome I get to have a roommate, I can't handle sleeping alone." she said and I nodded knowingly.

"So, Ceanna why were you sent here?" she asked and I smiled.

"I'm insane." I said bluntly and she laughed.

"I'm insane too.." she said and we laughed and then I heard my voices, "Me likey! Can we keep?

I smiled at my voices and nodded. Kirstie smiled, "They like me don't they?" she asked and I nodded and smiled. For once in my life someone understands me.

"Hey, you wanna meet my friends. I think they're real.. But come on!" she said and grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs and into the main living room, where there was a group of people sitting in the back. There was a tall blonde and he had a thin boy in his lap the boy had brunette hair with a shaved head except for his dagger bangs and he had his septum pierced. Then there was a black guy who was furiously scribbled away math problems. Then there was a gorgeous man, he had a neatly kept beard and had his hair pulled into a bun. He looked up and his piercing green eyes met my icy blue ones and I smiled at him and he smiled a dazzling smile back.

Kirstie dragged me over to the group and sat down in the only spot, so I sat on the floor in front of Kirstie and she started braiding my hair. They all looked at me and I smiled meekly and waved. The brunette got up from the blonde's lap and walked over to me and sat across from me and leaned in so he was boring his chocolate brown eyes in mine and we stood there looking at each other and he would nod and sometime stroke his chin.

After a while the brunette pulled away and smiled at me. "She's like us." he said and the rest of the group smiled and they all stood up and clapped me on the back. Except there was Kevin who kept asking,  "What is 3x?" he asked and I walked over to him and flipped the two numbers and added the remaining and he got the answer and he stood up and hugged me. I laughed and hugged him too.

I think maybe I could be able to make friends again....