Storms

Storms were rare in Auradon. The thunder so loud that you couldn't hear over it and the lightning gave the world a sickly white color. When a storm does roll into Auradon the whole kingdom shuts down. That's why on days like these you could find almost every kid at Auradon Prep curled up in their dorms waiting for the storm to pass.
Mal hated storms. She always had, even back on the Isle. All of the noise made her head hurt and brought back terrible memories from the Isle. Memories of her mother scolding her for not being evil enough. So, when Mal experienced her first storm on Auradon she went to the first person she could think of that would hold her till it passed. Ben.
Ben had always loved storms. They were wild and unpredictable unlike his own life. That's why he loved them so much, they were one thing in his life that he never knew was coming. In some ways they reminded him of Mal. Wild but still beautiful. That's why he was surprised to find Mal at his door with a frightened look on her face.
When he had opened the door she immediately apologized for showing up with out any warning. At least that's what he thinks she was trying to tell him before a big clap of thunder sounded followed by a slight scream/squeal of terror coming from Mal. Quickly connecting the dots Ben let her into his room hoping there was a way he could calm her. Happy that Ben had not said anything about the scream, Mal walked into his dorm.
Not knowing how to handle this Ben decided just to ask her if she was afraid of storms. His answer from Mal was quite clear when she had buried her head in his chest when another clap of thunder was heard. Knowing this was probably the only time ever Ben was going to be need to protect her he took his opportunity.
He had taken her into his arms and carried her to his bed. Once both of them had gotten into a comfortable laying position Mal wasted no time before re-burying her head in his chest. Finally feeling safe for the first time that day she relaxed as his arms wrapped around her. They had stayed that way for the rest of the day Ben occasionally whispering sweet and comforting things in her ear when she seemed the most startled.