random story #3 ; changes

There is a knock on her door. She looks at it, and walks towards it. Wiping her tears from her eyes and wrapping the blanket around her body, she looks through the peep hole to see who it was.

Him.

She hiccups and opens the door, looking at his sad eyes and wispy, unclean hair. He looks at her. "I don't want to fight."

She nods and bites her lip. "Then why are you here, honestly?" She asks, her voice quivering.

She still loved him with every fiber in her being, and looking at him made it ten times worse to deal with what he did.

"I want to apologise, babe." He begins.

Her eyes fill with tears. She'd been here before and she didn't like it. She wanted it to be over with. She didn't like this, she didn't like who she had become. She was different before this, before him. Both of them were.

"I'm not your babe," she spat, "you lost all rights to call me that after what happened."

He sighs and looks at his feet. "I didn't know what I was doing!"

"That's not an excuse for anything!"

Both of them fell silent. He looks at her, his eyes beginning to water. She rolls her eyes and lets out a small sob. "No, you don't get pity. Not from me. Get it from one of your boys." She says angrily.

"Please, just hear me out." He asks desperately. "May I come in?"

"No."

"Okay..."

She knew this was going to happen. After she had found out about everything, that's when it began to crumble. He became distant, he began breaking. She began to feel isolated and everything began to rip at the seams.

That's how she felt right now.

Her vision becomes blurry and her thoughts become clouded as she looks at him and hears him try to explain his reasoning for what he did.

"No, no, no. Stop!" She says, not caring if the tears fell freely now.

He looks at her, giving her a confused look and he stops speaking. He scratches his head and blinks a few times.

"You need to leave." She speaks.

"Why, I thought we were good again?" He says, sounding more like a question.

"Because, you do. The entire time we were together, you never cared. You only did this for the physicality of it. You didn't care when my uncle died, you didn't care when my mom kicked me out. You were never there for me in my darkest times." She says.

"But I still love you."

"I still love you too, but I'm not going to be stuck in this rerun. I'm done crying over you." She says through her teeth and sniffles.  "You never brought fucking flowers. Not even once." She states.

"I'm sorry." He says, his voice cracking. "We used to be so strong. We were unsinkable."

She presses her lips into a thin line and chuckles. "So was the Titanic."

"Goodbye," He says, exiting her apartment.

She closes the door behind him and sinks back to the floor, letting freshly formed tears make their way down her face. She felt numb. She felt like nothing was worth it anymore. She still loved him, so damn much. She felt naked. She wanted it all to stop. She looks up above the mantle at the picture of two of them. She gets up, starts a fire in the fireplace and rips up the picture. She lets out a huge sob before throwing it in the fire.

"Goodbye." She mumbles relievingly.