My Royal Story

(Could not find title picture site. Possibly tumblr.com)

Marionetta POV

"Your Majesty," The adviser bowed, "We have had a strike at the factory. The workers have demanded a pay rise."

My mother waved her hand dismissively. I watched quietly from my smaller chair next to the Queen's.

"Give them a pay rise," She said. The adviser left the room, not once turning his back on my mother.

Suddenly one of the queen's bodyguards raced in.

"You Highness," He bowed sloppily, "Go to your chambers! Miss Marionetta you go with the queen. The town is being attacked. The guards are trying to hold them off but.."

Another raced in.

"The guards! They're all dead!" He interrupted.

"Marionetta! Come on," She called to me calmly.

She rose from her chair and walked in front of me. I walked behind her, making sure I didn't step on the trail of her dress. The two guards followed us.

We entered my mother's chambers. The guards stopped and closed the door, standing on the opposite side of the door to us.

I noticed that a few maids were in the room as well. One even tried to comfort me.

"Miss, I'm sure nothing will get in here. Maybe you should do some embroidery to distract yourself," The maid, Celesta, suggested.

She handed me a pillow, a needle and a piece of thread. I started to embroider. My stitch was messy and loose and I hardly paid attention.

Suddenly the door rattled.

"Celesta, come with me. Let's hide in the cupboard," I suggested, pulling on the maid's hand.

My mother did not move. Celesta and me raced to the cupboard, opened it, got inside and closed the door. We peeked through the tiny gap between the doors.

Suddenly the doors to the chamber burst open. A man with a scraggly beard entered the room. More men followed, their faces covered with black masks.

The leader pulled out a sword and advanced towards my mother. She got up and just stood there. She was helpless. The man slid the sword into her stomach.

Blood splattered on the floor, onto her beautiful silk dress that she had had made for her birth- of me.

"Mo..." A hand clamped onto my mouth.

The man turned around and frowned. He then left the room, the other men in tow.

I threw the door open and raced towards my mother, kneeling next to her.

"I-I l-love y-you," My mother said.

She then fell silent. Her harsh breathing stopped too. Celesta took her pulse.

"I'm sorry, miss, but the queen is dead," She said quietly.

"Mother!" I sobbed.

I regained my composure.

"Celesta, prepare for a funeral," I instructed.