Nudge at 16: A Maximum Ride Story part one

Introduction-

Nudge's POV

Hey I'm Nudge, things about me i like long walks on the beach, shopping, and poking dead things with a straw. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention one thing, I've got wings.

Chapter one- Going Home

Have you ever had that dream where you thought you could fly? I did. But i was a test tube baby and I never have seen my real parents before, but today that's all going to change. I'm going home. Max, at first didn't want me to leave and said that I was to young to go off by myself, but now I'm older and stronger. I've always had the courage to go find my parents and stay with them, well, forever and visit my flock- wait check that Max's flock. I am so excited, I have been waiting for this day for well, almost about five years and today is the day.

I could feel the beat of my wings against the cold midnight air, a soft breeze hitting my face, my heart thumping so loud I thought my eardrums would burst. Then I saw it, the place I have been looking for since I left..... Burger King!!! " Holy Shit! " I thought to myself, " this Burger King has a swirly slide!" I stopped just a couple miles away just to be on the safe side. I started heading towards the Burger King when I heard a crackling noise behind me. My first instinct was to hide and then run but that wasn't what I was going to do this time. I went to check-out the noise and I didn't see anything. I heard it again but this time behind me. I turned around and the last thing I saw was a fist hitting my face and a sack put onto my head.

When I woke up I found out that I wasn't two miles away from Burger King anymore, I found myself inside what it looked like a labratory, haha i said "labratory". Anyway, no one else was in the room with me, but then I heard some beeping noises and then I saw someone walk in. I couldn't make out their face, so I tried to remember what clothes they were wearing. It looked like he/she was wearing a kind of robe type looking thing and it had one of those hoods on it. After I did that, I tried to look for escape routes, all I saw was one window. Perfect.  thought to myself. I couldn't see very well and I felt a little drowsy, they probably drugged me with something, and it was super strong. Damn it, I thought to myself I could make out five other people in the room, and they had guns. I have always had bad experiences with guns. Like when Jeb ( my not so fatherly fake father.) got shot in the leg, and then when I ummm, "accidentally" shot Fang in the foot.... heh..

"Nudge, we've been expecting you." the voice said.

That voice, it sounded so familiar, oh my god. I thought to myself. "Max....? Is that you?"

"Hello Nudge.But it's not Max." she replied. 

" Max 2, I knew that voice sounded familiar." I said with a smirk on my face.

"Uh huh," Max 2 replied, "Say, where's your flock little sweetie?" Max 2 asked.

"I'm not that little anymore Max." I replied my face down looking at my feet.

"Well then why are you all by yourself?" she asked.

"I left the flock, I'm going to try and find my family." I replied.

Max 2 looked at me in suprise. "But you were Max's favorite, wern't you?" Max said in a sarcastic voice.

"No, she loved Angel more than me, that's the other reason why I left." I replied my eyes looking right back at hers.

"Well that's good then." Max snickered.

"What do you mean?" I cried out.

"Then I guess she won't care about your screams." Max replied.