Untitled Part 2

Alexis sighed as Graham stood beside her hospital bed waiting for the doctor to finish with the discharge paperwork.

"How many times do I have to tell you that running alone isn't safe, Graham asked looking pointedly at the walking boot now encasing her broken ankle. "Graham I'm okay it's just a small fracture Doctor Whale said I could have just as easily done it stepping off the curb the wrong way!" "If you hadn't been alone I would have been there to protect you!"

Alexis felt bad it wasn't like she had meant to get hurt Graham just took is need to protect to an unproportional level heck he would keep her locked in a room if he could to keep her safe. Although before she could respond the doctor walked back handing Graham the paperwork and the prescription he'd had filled for her.

Doctor Whale looked over at Alexis, "Ms. Mills I want you to take it easy for a few days no work for a week and even then I want you to stay at your desk no going into the field and I want you to use the crutches until you come back no putting any weight on that foot understood?"

"I'll make sure of it , " Graham promised before picking Alexis up to carry her back to his car. He ignored her as she stated she could get around without him carrying her. He gently set her in the passenger seat before rounding the car and getting behind the wheel. When Alexis noticed they were heading away from her house she turn to face Graham , "your going the wrong way!"

He shook his head,"I'm taking you to my apartment Regina is busy with her job and Henry and I wanna make sure you get better!"

Alexis felt her heart melt a little at his sweetness she'd felt this divide since Henry started with the whole fairy tale alternate reality. She realized she'd let her nephews words creep in more than she had realized and she wasn't going to do that anymore she had a great guy. She smiled up at him as he carried her into the apartment and when he would have put her down she wrapped her arms tighter around him pulling him down onto the bed with her covering his mouth with hers she let herself be swept up in a kiss.

Graham pulled his head back to look at her brushing a strand of hair off her face before lowering his head to whisper in her ear, "I've missed this!" She let out a gasp as his tongue flicked her ear and he trailed small sharp bites down her neck before sucking at the base where her pulse had started to hammer in tempo.

A while later she lay nestled in his arms with a soft pleased drowsy smile. She let herself drift off to sleep where she dreamed of a stranger who haunted the recesses of her memory.

The next morning Graham and Alexis went to Granny's diner for a breakfast date before Graham had to go to work. Part way threw the meal Alexis excused herself to go to the bathroom leaving Graham to pick up his paper to read about the goings on in the world.

Emma sat down at the counter of the dinner.

Ruby: Here you go.

Emma: Thank you... but I did not order that.

Ruby" Yeah, I know. You have an admirer. Emma turned around, seeing Sheriff Graham seated in a booth. She puts down her paper and walks over to him.

Graham: Ah, so you decided to stay.

Emma: Observant. Important for a cop.

Graham: That's good news for our tourist business, bad for our local signage. Emma gives him a look. It's--it's a joke... because you ran over our sign...

Emma: Look, the cocoa was a nice gesture, and I am impressed that you guessed that I like cinnamon in my chocolate, 'cause most people don't, but I am not here to flirt, so, thank you, but no thank you.

Alexis cleared her throat before sliding into the booth, " and why would you think my boyfriend was flirting with you?"

"He didn't send you that I did, I like it with cinnamon as well. Henry said before sliding out of his booth and into the spot beside his aunt giving her a quick hug before looking up at his bio mom.

"Kid don't you have school, Emma asked?"

"I'm ten duhh of course I do , he said before standing up. "Walk me , he asked Emma and he waved at his aunt and the sheriff before walking out with Emma.