The Ball

This was it. A few days later, it was the day of the ball that the entire school was looking forward to. So much planning had gone into it, not to mention money, and everyone at the Host Club was running around frantically. Some, however, were not organising the event. There was Tamaki flaunting around, with the twins following him everywhere - mischievous smirks on their faces as they looked at each other as if they were telepathically planning something. Honey-senpai was running around, trying to find any last pieces of cake that was left, with Renge - a girl who also has connections with the Host Club - following him, trying to reassure him. Mori-senpai was keeping an eye on him from a distance, of course, but he was sat with Kyoya, who had papers scattered around him as he used his mobile and laptop simultaneously, making sure the hired facilities had the correct instructions. Haruhi was doing his daily routine, chasing up after the Club’s requirements, but a little extra for today’s rush. I made my way over to him, in order to give him my help.

“Hello, Akimi,” he stated, having quickly glanced in my direction. Grinning, he asked, “How are you today?”

“Well, thank you,” I nodded, smiling softly. I tilted my head, as I watched him stack boxes on top of each other, before beginning to walk away. “How are you?”

“Me? I’ve never been better, tha-argh!”

“Haruhi!” With a loud thump on the ground, Haruhi fell onto the floor, the boxes emptying their contents all over the surrounding area. All of the Hosts looked over, Kyoya hanging up his phone call. Tamaki rushed over to him.

“Haruhi! Haruhi! Are you okay? What’s wrong? Have you any broken bones?”

“I’m fine, Tamaki. Really,” Haruhi reassured him as he continued his melodramatic outburst. Kyoya silently strolled over to me with his notebook and pen, scribbling something down; this was more or less the ordinary, now.

“What happened, Akimi?” I slowly dragged my head away to face Kyoya as I explained.

“Well, I was simply making sure he was all right and he-” I was interrupted by something brushing past my leg. As I looked down, I noticed the golden fur of a tail. “Um…”

“Antoinette!” Tamaki exclaimed and a golden retriever bounded over to him, licking his face clean. Its tail was like several tennis rackets working at the same time, hitting tennis balls that bounced over the court.

“That bloody mutt,” Kyoya mumbled, before walking away again.

“Anto-chan!” Honey-senpai became distracted from his cake searching and came to hug Antoinette. He giggled, before suddenly sneezing, which alerted Mori-senpai to move him away, Honey-senpai whining. “But Takashi! I want to stroke Anto-chan!”

“Not now, Mitsukuni.”

“But why? Takashi!”

“…It’s almost time.”

“Time?” Honey-senpai glanced at the clock that hung on the far wall of the room. “Time! It’s time to get ready!” The twins looked at each other, before beginning to walk away, when Tamaki stopped them.

“And where do you think you two are going?” he asked.

“To get ready for the ball, duh!”

“You can’t!” Tamaki’s eyes widened and he waved his hands around frantically. “You can’t! Not yet! You need to help Haruhi get into his clothes!”

“But, Boss,” Hikaru stated. “He’s old enough to know how to put some clothes, even if he is a co-”

“Commoner’s don’t know how to wear such extravagance, fool! Now, go! Show him!”