Chapter 2

3 months have passed since Anthony and I have moved out of that wretched house. I'd begun to research what causes paranormal activity with demons and such entities. I'd found many websites, some even saying that you could be crazy and just imagining these things. 

'Spirits need to tell a family member or friend something and did not get a chance to do so when they were alive.' Not a possible reason because I had scoured everywhere for evidence of recent deaths on the lot. I found nothing after a month. 

'They are attached to an item.' This could be a possible answer

'Demonic entities thrive on constant arguing, hostility and negative energy in the home. Demonic entities become very strong when this occurs and may be a cause of a demonic haunting.'  Now that couldn't possibly be the answer. Anthony and I are happy as can be, we never fight. Or maybe....

"Megan would you get off of your blog and come eat supper. It'll get cold soon." I heard Anthony say from behind me. I turned in my office chair and smiled at him, "But I'm so close to finding out what happened back there" I laughed a little, turning back to the computer and saving my blog to work on later. 

"Just come and eat and forget about it. It's over." His monotone voice mumbled as he walked out the door. A sigh escaped my red lips as I looked down at my legs. There was a scar up the side of my leg, only just starting to completely go away. I had to get 80 stiches up my leg plus move some of my skin from other places to my leg. I wanted to find out what had happened. And I was determined to.

I shot up from my chair and ran quietly into the kitchen, my bare feet patting on the wood floor. I ran up behind Anthony and hugged him softly, making sure he wouldn't drop the pot he was holding. "I'm sorry." I said quietly to his back as he set the pot on the table. "For what?"

"Being too into what was going on in that house. I'm sorry, but if I don't figure out something horrible could happen again. You never know! What if it's following us.' I looked up at him, my expression very serious. He smiled a bit, looking like a sad puppy but yet happy at the same time. "Lets just eat. You can continue your ghost hunting later." He said, getting out of my grip and sitting down. "It's not a ghost." I mumbled and sat down in front of him. 

'How do you know that," he said quietly. I looked at him and asked, "What?" 

"How do you know that Megan?" He said in a stern voice. I looks at him, scared a little. 

"Ghosts can't do this much damage to you." I said in the same tone as him, moving my leg into view. 

The rest of the night was quiet. Anthony went with his friends to the bar while I stayed home and searched the Internet for more answers. The house was quiet, the only noise that could be heard was the sound of the washer going. I soon gave up on the Internet and resorted to my books I had checked out from the public library. They weren't exactly the most high quality of information, but they did help. I was flipping through a chapter about possession when I heard a 'bang' come from in the kitchen. 

I sat quietly for a second then heard it again. Questions were running through my head at this point, I had to see what it was. I slowly rose from my chair and headed to the kitchen where all the racket was coming from. Too my, not so much surprise, there was nothing. Nothing but a few pots on the floor. I walked into the kitchen and looked around, the pots had fallen out of the cupboards, and the cupboards were shut. I put the pans away and looked around a bit, nothing else was out of place. 

I stood up and looked on the counters, nothing was gone. 

Except.....the knife.

I turned around quickly to see our kitchen knife floating in mid-air. 

The only thing that went through my head was, 'Am I going to die?'