Chapter 1

--------

It was almost the summer of grade 10, the weather was beautiful and as always, I was the earliest one to wake up in my house.

---------

I got ready for school and prepared my backpack. I was so happy that i wouldn't have to see my classmates for the entire summer. I just never liked school nor the people in it.. Having friends and dealing with their drama always scares me.

----------

Just like every morning, i would take the bus to school and put my stuff in my locker before heading to class... but this morning nothing went right, because today, I met him!

----------

I saw him a couple of times at school festivals and assemblies but I never actually met him. He was in 12-B and I'm in 10-C. It was really unusual for a grade 12 student to be in the grade 10 locker room because we all have our separate hallways. He was right in front of my locker and he seemed like he ran hundreds of miles. His eyes had a worried look and he definitely was NOT happy to see a stranger looking at him while he was catching his breath.

----------

"What are you looking at?" He asked. "Never seen a person breathing?" His voice was definitely intimidating. His eyes were hazel and his chocolate brown hair was all wet from sweating. "I-I'm sorry for bothering you but you're standing in front of my locker.." I really didn't know what else to say.

He looked back at my locker and checked my name tag.

" Mina Miyoshi " he read my name out loud. Then he looked back at me. Just then we heard some voices coming from the hallway. It sounded like a bunch of boys running around looking for someone and I didn't even have a second thought about it, they were looking for him.

Just when I was about to open my locker he pulled me by my arm and we started running towards the staff room. Wait, why was I running with him? Why is he dragging me into whatever this is?

Just then I realized that I could hear my heartbeat..

It was louder than anything in the universe

and for some reason

it felt right,

like i was waiting for him,

for a long time..