Chapter 10

We had been running for a while, trying to get away from Cardboard Friend. I wasn't sure if we'd make it much further. I was getting really tired, and could tell that everyone else was too. All except for Toast, who hadn't even broken a sweat yet. Looking ahead, I saw an open door to our right. 

"THIS WAY!!!" I yelled to my sisters. I ran through the doorway, closely followed by Bethany. Ceirra grabbed Toast and pulled him behind her through the door, slamming it shut. We were in another hallway, but this one had better lighting. There were other hallways branching off in different directions. No doors as far as I could tell.

"D-do you *puff* think he'll *puff* he'll follow us?" Bethany asked, out of breath like the rest of us.

"I highly doubt it, we should be safe here." Toast replied. Right as he said that, a figure dashed out from one of the side halls further up the long hallway. It was a man, and having saw us he ran in our direction. When the man was halfway to where we were, I recognized him and yelled out in surprise.

"JORDAN!!!!" But my glee turned to horror as another man sprinted out from the same side hall. This man had chocolate brown messy hair, crazy bright red eyes, blood covered his torn grey hoodie, hands, face, and messy hair. In his hand, a bloody knife. Jimmy Casket...

"Quick! Give me your backpack!!!!" Jordan yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. It took me a few seconds to figure out that he was talking to me, and a few more to realize that I indeed had a backpack on my back. I quickly flung it off my back and handed it to him.

"Thanks" Jordan said hastily as he zipped open the main pouch of the pack as fast as he could. Casket was getting closer by the second! Suddenly Jordan pointed  backpack's opening at the running Jimmy.

"Spawn Bird Flock!!!" Jordan yelled at the top of his lungs. Then the impossible happened as a huge flock of crows flew out of the backpack, causing the infamous murderer to stop in his tracks. I got a brief glimpse of his eyes changing from bright red to chocolate brown filled with terror, before he let out a high pitched girly scream and bolted in the opposite direction. The only sound that could be heard now was the flapping of wings and our laughter.

"Well, that's taken care of." Jordan said, half to us and half to himself, before turning to face us.

"Oh no, Not MORE of you!!! I had enough with Casket! Now I have to deal with YOU GUYS!!?!?" Jordan cried in frustration. Then Toast walked up to him.

"Hello, my name is Johnny Toast. I thank you very much for what you just did."

"Well, you are VERY WELCOME!" Jordan replied. I looked at my sisters, seeing their faces filled with joy and smiling like idiots. I suppose that I look the same though. Getting their attention, I mouthed the words 'Tackle hug on three', they nodded. I looked back at my brother, then put my hand up, holding up one finger, then two, and finally three. All three of us jumped on our beloved brother.

"JORDAN!!!!" We yelled in sinc, surprising him and knocking him off his feet with our hugs.

"Whoa! What?! What the heck? GET OFF OF ME!!!!" Jordan yelled as he tried to push us off him, to no avail.

"You know each other?" Toast asked.

"Oh yes!" Maddi answered before Jordan could say anything.

"But-" Jordan started, but was cut off my Sally.

"He's wike a brodder to us!" Sally said. Jordan looked like he was about to say something, but instead closed his mouth and remained silent, all the while giving my sisters and I strange looks. Then Ghost came running back down the hall, still covered in blood, rips, and tears, and still being chased by the bird flock.

"JOHNNY HELP MEEEEE!!!" He yelled.

"Oh, oops! UNDO!" Jordan yelled, causing the crows to disappear. Ghost ran up to us, then doubled over, hands on his knees and breathing heavily. After a few seconds, he stood up.

"Toast, what happened?! One moment I was being abducted by some paranormal being, and the next i'm being chased by Birds!" Ghost said, completely ignoring the fact that Jordan was being hugged to death by his over excited siblings.

"Who's he? And why is he being hugged to death by Billy, Sally, and Maddi?" Well, nevermind!

"Yeah, speaking of which.........WOULD YOU GET OFF ME!?!!?!!" Jordan yelled, once again trying to push us off of him. This time, we let go.

"*puff**puff* FINALLY!!!! Now!" Jordan said before turning to face Ghost.

"My name is Jordan, and you are..." Jordan started, holding out his hand.

"Johnny Ghost, Paranormal Investigator Extraordinaire." Ghost said as he shook Jordan's hand before turning back to Toast. "Now Johnny, explanation please?..."

I tuned out the two Johnny's conversation, and turned to face my older brother.

"How do you know who I am?" He asked when he noticed me looking at him.

"I, uhhh.......well.........." I said, perfectly aware that Toast was watching us. Then the door behind us burst open as a horde of zombies shambled out.

"I'll explain later, but right now we should make like a banana and split!" I said, happy for an excuse not to answer my brother's question.

Sorry about the long wait, peoplez! It's been a long summer, and school starting hasn't made it any easier. My friend on the bus convinced me to update, she gave me the 'Or Else' look. You never want to mess with her when she has that look on her face......