Part 17- Stupid Ass Decisions

Grant hurried and put on his clothes and knocked on Samantha's door. "Come in," she said.

"Look Grant I am so sorry, I swear I got totally confused. I will understand if you want me to leave."

"Yeah, it may be best. Lisa is going to freak!" Grant said rubbing his hands through his hair. Samantha looked at him shocked.

Leaning on the door rubbing his hand across his face he said, "I will meet you downstairs in a few minutes, I will take you to a hotel." Before she could say anything he walked out leaving her to get her things.

Moments later they were getting in his car. The BMW 760Li sedan rolled out the garage. "Grant... I mean Mr. Whittington, please talk to me. Lisa doesn't have to know about this." Grant turned and looked around at Samantha.

"She has to know, I have to tell her."

"Shit, Shit!" He said more to himself banging on the steering wheel. The rest of the ride was quiet. He could hear Samantha soft cries.

"I will take you to the nearest hotel and have a driver pick you up in the morning for work."

"Please don't fire me. I need this job," she said crying.

"Please don't cry. Accidents happen, but I seem to get myself in these situations. For God sakes I'm getting married in a couple of months. I love Lisa and I can't risk this," he said pointing his finger between the two of them.

"I will make you a deal. Once your car is fixed I will write you a recommendation to find another job and you can stay in one of the corporate apartments for a couple of weeks until you get on your feet. Deal?"

"Oh Grant you don't have to do that. You have done so much for me already and I'm already indebted to you."

Grant looked at her and shook his head. "You don't owe me anything. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in that apartment building. The landlord should be ashamed."

Pulling up to the hotel he said, " we are here." Grant stepped out and handed his keys to the valet as they both entered the sliding glass doors.

Grant walked up to the front desk praying they had rooms available. A burly man came to the counter asking if he needed assistance. Stepping up to the marble front desk he asked if they had any rooms available. While he was making the reservations and finalizing the payment,  

Samantha looked around the hotel. It was nice and the hotel bar was buzzing. Grant paid for the room and handed her the key. "I will get the apartment straight in the morning. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," she said as Grant walked away and headed back to his car. She couldn't believe we wouldn't look at her as he handed her the key and walked away.

Walking up to the elevator she pressed the button. She looked at the card with room 542 written on the cover and pressed the button to the fifth floor. She found the room down the hall on the right.

Entering the room she turned on the light. The room was nice with dark orange curtains and a flat screen television mounted on the wall. There was a king size bed with a beautiful comfortable on top. The bathroom had marble on the sinks and inside of the shower. The room was really nice and she decided to order room service. She picked up her phone and dialed the number.

After the second ring the deep voice had her smiling. "Hello, beautiful I 've been waiting on your call."

Smiling at the phone she said, "hey baby, I've missed you so much. I can't wait to see you. "

"Is the plan working?" He asked cutting off the conversation.

"Yes, from my broken down car and believing that someone actually broke in my apartment and pissed all over my clothes. That was genius." She said laughing.