Once and Awhile

Chapter One

"Mom! I am 16 now! I should be able to go out with my friends on a Friday night!" I screamed.

"Alica, calm down honey. It is Halloween. Why don't you just go trick-or-treating with your friends instead?" my dad asked.

You see, my friends and I wanted to go to a house tat is said to be haunted, but my parents say that it's not safe.

My older sister went two years ago, but she tripped on a broken floorboard and snapped her wrist in half. But, you see, that's the difference us.

1. She is big, I am not

2. She is clumsy, I am not

3. She is not careful, I am

4. She is not flexible, I am

My parent's still don't even care.

"Yes dear, so much safer to go trick-or-treating" mom agreed.

"Fine" I snapped, "I'll go as a vampire again." Don't get me wrong, I love vampires, but ever since I was five, I was a vampire. It was either that or a princess, so I went with a vampire.

I grabbed my car keys and purse.

"Where do you think your going?" mom asked.

"Shopping because I now need a costume" I replied sourly.

"Well, be back soon because Drew will be here for dinner" dad said.

Ah Drew, good old Drew.

NOT!!

Drew was a rich, suck-up kid that my parents approved of and they act like he's my boyfriend. Well... he's not!

But I guess that's what you get when daddy's little girl (cough) has a dad that own's a really big company.

Trust me, it's not that great, because you never have family time. Right now I'm lucky my DAD is even talking to me , and usually when he does, he'd beat me.

"Whatever" and with that, I turned and left.