Ch.2

POV: Kingston

   I sit and watch her as she goes across the lot with her curly head held high. That girls all heart and no brains. I can admire the heart and the fact that Tytus and this club are in it but I can't admire stupidity and that's exactly what she's showing by thinking she can step into a man's world, a world of danger at that. Why can't she be like all the Old Ladies and just work at the salon or get wife'd up? I turn around only to find Travis standing in my face with narrow eyes, those damn trademark Knox eyes that his niece was narrowing at me just minutes earlier.

"What Trav? Say what's on your mind."

"Take care of her," with that he turned to walk away.

"What," I stood from the bar in disbelief, "Did you not hear what just happened in there? I'm against this. I'm against her!"

"I saw what happened but I also know what kind of man you are and I know your gonna buck against this for quite sometime and trust me I did too. She;s my niece and the closest thing I have to a daughter so don't think for one second this is where I want her but she is her fathers daughter and this is her home too. So stand against it all you want but either way take care of her and stand by her as you would Tytus," with that he left me dumbfounded.

How can I stand by someone I don't think should be here? How can any of them?

"Son, lets talk," my dad came to sit with and I shrugged off the girl Kerrie that was lingering at my side.

"Dad I really don't want to hear it right now."

"Well, that's just too damn bad cause your going to. I know your not happy about this and I know you fell like you were dealt a raw hand son but this is what it is. These men, your brothers, they need to see you on board with this change. Don't you think this affects me? I've never seen a woman go passed those doors let alone set at the head of that table. I knew Tytus was sleeping with a woman down in Tennessee but I had no idea it was a marriage that resulted in a child. I expected to see you take that seat one day too and in twenty-four hours everything I knew changed but if I can attempt to adjust then so can you. It's not about us, it's about the brotherhood. So stop pouting like a little girl and start leading. I mean we can't change it now."

"Can't we?"

"Now you listen to me boy," my dad's voice went low," if your talking about what I think you are then you better get it out of your head right now. We aren't those men and we are most certainly not that kind of gang. We have a code to protect our own not kill them. Don't let me hear you speak that way again and if Travis ever caught wind of it he would shoot you down where you stand."

"I gotta go pops," I took one last swig of my beer and left the bar. At this point I couldn't be around any of them, especially her.

I got on my bike and rode. No destination in mind but I just needed to ride. I rode for what seemed like forever, crossing over into the next town over pulling into a bar shack to take a break when I noticed a familiar bike sitting in the lot. White a snow the bike stood out amongst all the dark colored Harleys that lined the lot.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mumbled aloud to myself. What the hell was she doing here in this town and at this bar? I want to leave so bad but curiosity got the better of me. I slid unnoticed and grabbed a corner booth scanning the bar for the infamous River Knox. I was looking for her to still be dressed in our kutt but that's not at all what I found her in. Instead she was standing there in red leather pants with a black V-neck shirt that hung dangerously low but it wasn't her outfit that had my mouth hanging open but instead who she was talking too.