Chapter 27

Rydel's P.O.V:

I held Riley in my lap. She was shaking with fear. Then I had an idea. "They may have custody of her, but they mistreated her. They assaulted her everyday so it would be illegal to give her to them." They huffed. "We only did that out of stress. We're sorry, Riley." She clung onto me.

Our lawyer stood on our behalf and declared we took this to court. Ellington and I looked at each in disbelief. Were we really going to court?

Ellington's P.O.V:

We went home feeling down. I could not let those monsters take my little princess, and repeat her past all over again! Riley ran up to her room as soon as we came home. We decided to leave her to calm down while Rydel and I talked.

"Ellington, what are we going to do? I love Riley, I can't loose her!" She exclaimed. She threw herself onto my shoulder in distress. "Don't worry, we'll win. The court case is next week, we can do it."

Rydel's P.O.V:

After an hour, we went up to Riley's room to find her under her bed, crying. Ell lifted her out and held her in his lap while she weeped. "Riley, sweetheart, don't worry. Mommy and Daddy will protect you always," I said softly. She sniffled then sat up. She hugged us both, then we read her a story before tucking her into bed.

(A/N: Comment who you think will win the courtcase)