The Last Tree Left Standing

I’m the last tree left standing. All around me they slowly wither away and turn to ashes. Help! I need help! What’s the use when no one can hear a tree? I’m like the last piece of pizza that’s left in the box because it has too many peppers on it or its too cold now. I’m all alone. I’m the last tree left in the forest. There was a scorching fire last night and I don’t know what to do anymore. There’s no point of living if I have to spend it like this. Would you want to live if you watched all of your family and friends burn to death? I didn’t think so. I’m the last tree left standing. Do you want to know my name? Ha, so would I. Apparently, trees aren’t good enough to get named. Just like were not good enough to get saved from fire. No one cares about us. They only care about what they can get from us. We give them the air they breathe and how do they repay us? They repay us by cutting us up and selling us. I’m glad we mean so much to you. I’m the last tree left standing. My mother burned to death right before my eyes. I had to watch hundreds of flames consume her. Its like they were eating her up to live. I tried my hardest to drown out her cries. I hade to listen to her screams as the flames licked her up until there was nothing left except a small pile of ash. You think you have problems? Try being me. Try having to watch the people you love die a slow painful death. Try being all alone with no one to comfort you. You think you have it bad? Try being the last tree left standing.