Prologue

This was it, today was the day. Helen gripped her backpack nervously as she stared at the man just a few feet in front of her. Everything about him was familiar; his smile, his dark brown hair, his laugh, but she had never met him before. The man turned and laughed as people surrounded and snapped pictures of him, shouting questions and praises.

"Mr. Stark now that the threat you've created is gone how do you plan to keep from making the same mistake?"

The man, Tony Stark, turned and smirked at the paparazzi. "I think leaving out the homicidal genetic in my creations is a smart choice, don't you?" He laughed at his own joke, "now excuse me I have a very important meeting-"

Helen jerked out of her trance and raced forward, shoving her way through the crowd. "Wait! Mr. Stark!" She stumbled in front of him as he smirked at her.

"Looking for an autograph, huh? Well I suppose I have time..." he whipped out a marker and signed in shirt in a flourish, "there."

Helen frowned, shaking hee head. Didn't she look similar to him? "No...i...I'm your daughter Mr. Stark...Helen," she smiled at him then, her body trembling with nerves. "I've waited so long-"

Suddenly his face was serious as he turned to walk across the street. "Very funny but I don't have any kids. Now go scam somebody else. Nice try though." Helen stared after him, her eyes hurt before chasing after him.

"B-but I really am! Please if we could just talk-"

He cut her off with a wave of his hand, "I said cut it out. It was funny at first but I seriously don't care. I'm not falling for it, kid." And stormed away from her. Helen stood there frozen. It felt like her heart was caving in. She came all this way to talk to him, to finally meet her dad and he told her to scram. He didn't care.

Years of hopping through foster homes flashed before her eyes. Years of wishing for a family, her family, to find her. So many nights spent crying as she moved from to home to even shelters. Years spent trying to find him and he didn't care.

Suddenly a loud horn broke her thoughts as a semi sped through the streets. It was swerving everywhere, the brakes weren't working as the driver frantically blew his horn at the man in his way.

Stark. Her asshole father.

"DAD!" She didn't even think before suddenly running and launching herself at him, pushing him out of the way just in time. She got to see his face turn to slowly contort in shock before the semi rammed into her.

Then it was black.