prologue

The dense forest branches scratched at my arms and face, making drops of blood appear in places, but I couldn't stop running. My lungs burned as I looked back to see the mysterious dark figure still chasing me. I could hear his heavy breath behind me ,wheezing as he ran at an incredible speed, managing to stay hot on my heals. " No ! " I scream as I felt him get closer. Fear fueled each step now. I looked ahead of me a few hundred yards at the fallen tree that blocked my escape. I cursed under my rapid breath and frantically searched for a clear path. There was none. I shouldn't be surprised. It was always the same. I looked behind me one last time to see the dark figure. He was dressed head to toe in black clothing, his face obscured and blocked from my view by a dark mask and he was incredibly tall. He was closer to me now more than ever and I felt the urge to give up and let him get to me. Let him kill me once again. But my feet wouldn't stop running. I ran and ran until soon there was no where else I could run. The fallen tree prevented me from escaping this monsters attack. Trying to climb over the tree was useless as I could already feel a hot breath on my neck. It was over. This was the end.

Once again.

---

©~stoxkholmstyles