2010|1

"Shall we do some vocal exercises?" I ask my vocal instructor, Catherine. She simply nods before hitting a B on the little keyboard that I had somehow fit into my dressing room and I start my exercises. I had to perform for Ellen Degeneres' show tonight & there was only an hour until I went on. In the middle of my exercises, my manager, Dom, comes in and interrupts.

"Excuse me Emilia, I don't mean to interrupt, but Simon Cowell called." I nodded and motioned for him to go on. "He told me that he has a boy band on The X Factor and he asked me if you could surprise them and perform with them on the show this Friday. I looked at your schedule and you're free. I know it's kind of last minute since it's already Tuesday and you'd have to be ready to leave on Thursday, but we can make it work if you want to perform with them."

I thought about everything he had told me for a minute before replying. "Sure, I'll perform with them, but why does he want me to perform with a boy band? What am I singing?"

"Well, apparently all the boys in the group are fans of you. He told me that one boy in particular has a major crush on you and Simon knows it would mean the world to all of them if you surprised them by performing with them. You would be singing one of your songs. I'm not sure which one, you'll find out at your rehearsal for the show." I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, call Simon and tell him I'm in. Also, ask him for all the times on Thursday." Dom smiled and gave me a quick nod, before walking out of my dressing room.

I turned back to Catherine before she laughed. "I wonder which one has a big crush on you." I let out a small laugh and shrugged. "I don't even watch that show because I never have time so I have no clue who any of the contestants even are." I state.

Catherine let her fingers run across the keyboard, playing random notes. "Maybe the boy is cute and close to your age or maybe even your age." She presumed. "I know you're only sixteen and not really looking for someone, but hey, you never know what the future holds."

I smiled at her words. "I know. If you would've told me two years ago that I would be performing for thousands of people in multiple arenas in multiple countries and being a guest on many different talk shows, I would sure as hell call you insane. Now, I feel like I'm in my own little dream world."

Catherine flashed me a proud smile. I knew how proud she was of me. She's been in my life for three years now and she's watched me grow into who I am now. I got discovered by my manager on YouTube a year ago and he made me who I am today and I can't thank him enough.

"45 minutes till you're on so let's continue with the warmups" Catherine interrupted my thoughts. I nodded and continued as she hit another note.

I warmed up my voice for another 5 minutes before I got my makeup done and my outfit on.
At about 5 minutes till I was on, I got my microphone on and stood by the side of the stage waiting for my cue to go on and perform for the people who made me and the people who mean the world to me with all their dedication and support.