Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I held my breath knowing that he was coming around the corner. I hid in the small opening of the door and watched as the tall figure opened the most secure room in this building. I watched closely repeating the numbers in my head as he punched them in. 4-6-2-8-9. 4-6-2-8-9. 4-6-2-8-9 and he was in. I fixed my blonde wig and pulled on my black gloves. My disguise was perfect. Everything had been planned out, from the girl I was playing to the detailed lanyard around my neck. I walked up to the room and punched in the numbers 4-6-2-8-9 gaining access.

The room was dark. I walked quickly remembering being in here before. I know what I have to do I've trained for it my whole life. I found the control panel and flipped the yellow switch which brightened the room. I have done this in training millions of times I know I can do it, I know how. They appeared one by one, all of them lined up in a circle standing perfectly still. I raise my gun and look at the first man. I convince myself that he had no family and if he did, he hated them, he probably cheated on his wife or abused his kid. I pulled the trigger and completed the first task.

At the sound of the first gun shot chaos broke out. It was all five of them against one of me. I ducked as one swung his arm at me. I leaned down and gutted him in the stomach throwing him off balance. I took advantage and places a bullet in his chest. I felt the heat of the rebels bullet glide past my arm barely missing but I didn't let that distract me. I jumped to the side and aimed for the third guy, who I noticed had the key. Kill him and I complete the second task. I trigger my gun and he crashed to the ground with a thud. I quick turned around and bang! Down went the fourth guy and the fifth one went running but I was shortly behind.

I went down the stairs and headed outside looking around I didn't recognize this. It was different, they changed it. I was now submerged into the busy streets of New York. I look around trying to remember what they said. I found the last guy dashing through the busy streets filled with cabs. I ran after him sprinting to catch up. He ran into an office building but I wasn't short behind. I caught sight of him running towards the stairwell he ran to the roof top hoping to throw me off in the process but I raised my gun and aimed straight for his head. Without hesitation I pulled the trigger, game over.

The lights flickered and the simulator powered down. Everyone in the control room was clapping and cheering for me. Not only did I complete the level 10 mission simulator, I got the fastest time. The door swung open and another tall figure appeared without even thinking I kicked the 9mm out of his hand and with another kick I knocked him to the ground aiming my weapon at his head and with one quick movement of the trigger he was dead. The room powered down and went back to its original state, actually ending the test this time.

The headmaster appeared from the observation room. I watched as he came towards me. He shook my hand but his face was blank hiding what he was thinking. He started walking, telling me to join him. I did, thinking what he could possibly want with me? People pass tests all the time. That's how they determine who gets places on what mission. Am I going on a mission? We walked down the hall of the academy turning corners here and there when he stopped at a wall. The wall was plain and had nothing on it but everyone knew what was behind this wall. No student had ever gone behind these walls, well since Anthony Walker completed mission: RED FLAME but he was a college student.

Headmaster Agent Black placed his hand on the wall allowing us access. A breach appeared in the wall like something out of a movie but this was way better. We entered the headquarters, it was full of modern technology and training software that I didn't even know existed. I was lead to a room, where inside the dean of the academy was seated.

"Ms. Skye it has come to our attention that you have not only passed the highest exam but you passed with flying colors," "news travels fast," I thought. "We have also noticed your capability to complete a mission with caution and with the best interest of the people involved," one of the members I recognize to be my defense teacher, Agent Colton declared.