Chapter 4

Katherine didnt know what happened. She rushed past the secretary's desk ignoring her murderous stare.
She cant understand what Blake meant when he said he will see her after work.
She went to her desk flushed and she saw Sam approaching her with a knowing face.
"What happened baby girl?" She heard Sam.
Katherine looked at his friend. " I'll tell you later." She cant seem to focus on her work at hand coz she kept thinking bout the kiss they shared. It was her first kiss. She never had a boyfriend because she was a late bloomer.
Since she cant focus on her work, she asked her boss if she can leave work early. Her boss asked her if she was okay as it is the first time she asked for it. She told her boss not to worry. He was like a father to him and he does not want him to worry bout her.
10 minutes before 5 pm when she went out of the office. She made sure that she wont pass the office of her boss.
She was praying silently while getting into her car. She cant wait to go home and rest. She chastised herself for being so weak. She blamed her treacherous body.
She reached her apartment and locked the door. She is not sure how she got on her apartment safe but thankfully she did.
She went to her kitchen and open the fridge and got her water and drink all of it as she feels hot just remembering the smell of his cologne and the kiss that made her knees like jell-o.
Katherine cant remember what time she went to sleep. She just dozed off while thinking of her boss.
She got up and prepare her stuff for work. She went to her bathroom and turned the shower on enjoying the water doing its wonders.
She made sure that she is early beacuse she doesnt want to see her boss. She promised herself that she wont fall for him and will make sure that she will stay out of his way as long as she can.
She checked her phone and saw a lot of missed calls from Sam and from an unknown number.
She opened one message from Sam." Are you okay? Youre not answering my call girl."
She mentally take note of calling Sam while on her way to the office to let him know that she slept and didnt check her phone.
She get into her car and drive away from her designated parking area.
She dialled Sam's number and he picked up at the first ring.
"Hey Sam. Good morning. I had my phone on silent and didnt check it since I got home. I am sorry baby boy. Dont be mad" she said in one breath.
"Hold it girl. It is okay. But you still owe me some details." Katherine doesnt know what to say so she just said okay. "See you later babe."
She reached their building and parked her car.
She rushed to the elevator. She went pass her boss's office. She felt stupid at what she was doing but it is for the better coz she cant understand why her heart is beating so fast at the mere thought of him.