One.

Alden walked with light steps and paused in front of the door. He braced himself by inhaling a deep breath and pushed open the door with a gentle smile on his face greeting Maine cheerfully,"Hi, Meng! Alam mo ba, on my way here, I heard the radio playing our song, yung God Gave Me You. Astig noh?"

Maine's heart monitor beeped rhythmically, according to her heart beat.

He placed the bouquet of white lilies that he had brought with him, into the vase. He continued, "Medyo matagal-tagal na din nateng hinde napapakinggan together yung song. Do you want to listen to it with me?"

His gaze fell on the pale beauty that was lying unconscious in front of his eyes, expecting a reply even though he knew the chances would be slim. The small cuts on her face had begun to heal, her family made sure that she would be receiving the best treatment, so that her face will stay beautiful like always. And it's breaking his heart to see her like this.

Alden sat on the chair by the bedside and fumbled through his backpack to grab his iPod. He browsed through his playlist and carefully plugged in one of the ear buds in Maine's ear. Plugging the other bud into his. As he pressed play, Alden indulged himself into the song that held thousands of memories of them.

For all the times I felt cheated, I complained

You know how I love to complain

For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame

Alden whispered, "Huy, Meng... listening to this brings back a lot of memories for us noh?"

I still cursed that rain

I didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue

Then out of the blue 

Alden smiled bitterly, running his fingers through Maine's hair.

God gave me you to show me what's real  

There's more to life than just how I feel

And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes

Alden tucked the loose strand behind her ear and whispered softly, "I would do anything that you want me to. Anything. Just please wake up. Please, Meng."

And all that I live for though I didn't know why

Now I do, 'cause God gave me you  

"Please wake up soon. Don't leave me alone... I'm begging you. Hinde ko pa nga nasasabi sa'yo kung ano ka ba talaga sa'ken. Na... I can't live without you. Na... I love you." Pressing his lips against her forehead softly, hoping that it will relay all his feeling to her.

For all the times I wore my self pity like a favorite shirt

All wrapped up in that hurt

For every glass I saw, I saw half empty

"Meng, kung pinagtitripan mo lang ako at nagtutulug-tulugan ka dyan, wag na, bumenta na yan. Kaya gising ka na. Please... At oo na, mas maganda ka pa kay Sleeping Beauty. Kaya gising ka na please." Cracking a joke, only to chuckle pitifully on his own.

"Please open your eyes and smile for me like how you always do for me." He pleaded desperately.

Now it overflows like a river through my soul