Chapter Three

"You won't believe what happened to me in Palawan!" pagkkwento ko kay Jiggy. Kasalukuyan ko syang iniistorbo sa opisina nya. "I bumped someone's car only to find he was just renting it! And i said i'll pay for it kasi nga maleleyt na ako. But he insisted that we should wait for the police officer to file a report. Of course, i said no. i mean, di ba that is unneccesary naman then he--" Natigilan ako nang maalala ang halik na pinagsaluhan namin. Well, not exactly pinagsaluhan talaga. But it's close to that. Parang ramdam ko pa din ang mga labi nya sa labi ko. It's hot, soft and sweet.

"Tapos?" Hindi man lang ito nag-angat ng tingin. But it was fine. He doesn't get to see me or even notice me spacing out.

"He agreed."

"Na?"

Na kiss na lang. "N-naaaa magbayad ako."

"Ganyan naman yang mga yan. Kunyari pulis-pulis pa, pero ang totoo, peperahan ka lang."

I just decided to change the topic. "Good thing, Tito did not get angry about the car. Hindi nya na akong pinagbayad e." For all I knew, itatapon na lang ni Tito ang kotse at bibili ng bago.

"E ang Papa?" Laptop naman ang hinarap ni Jiggy.

Well... Nagalit si Papa pag-uwi ko. The investors were disappointed. Ramdam ko. Hindi lang nila pinahahalata. Papa said so himself. Good thing is that they did not back out. It's not a probable cause to do the latter.

"As usual. Nagalit. Nakakahiya daw kay Tito. Hindi raw maganda na simula sa negosyo yon." He was concerned to anyone but me. Kesyo ung investors ganyan, kotse ganito, si Tito ganyan. E ako? Hindi man lang nagtanong tungkol sa kin. But of course I did not throw a tantrum. I'm a brat no more. Sad thing is people changed, things remained the same. Hayy..

"Oh, ayan ka na naman!" Tumingin sa kin si Jiggy nang bumuntong-hininga ako. Lumapit sya sa kin. At hinawakan ako sa magkabilang-balikat. "Cheer up."

I half-smiled.

"Give me a real smile, hon."

Act matured. I smiled.

He lowered his face to mine.

*kkrriiiiing

"I think that's your phone."

"Excuse me." He checked the caller. "Yes, Hera?"

Hera again. Lagi na lang sya natawag kay Jiggy.

"Yah. In the office." Sinulyapan ako ni Jiggy. "Issabelle's with me." Nakinig sya. "Tomorrow night?" He listened longer. "Of course. Yeah. Sure."

"I know, sa bar ng boyfriend nya. Tomorrow night."

"Hey, it's fine if you don't want to come. We can do other things." He raised his brows in a very suggestive manner.

"I'm tired." and felt guilty saying it. Pakiramdam ko, ang sama ko. Ang dami ko ng pagkukulang kay Jiggy. But he's still there. He never gave up on me.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I said just to make him smile and he did.

"Basta bukas, ha? Let's go to that bar."

"Sure." Maybe that's all I can do to make it up to him.

Marami akong tinapos sa office at kinailangan ko pang dumaan sa main branch ng Loving Bru, our coffee shop. Then I have to go to my condo to change. Late na akong nakauwi kaya hindi na ako nagpasundo kay Jiggy. Nauna na sya sa bar. Eight kasi ang usapan nila ni Hera. It was already nine in the evening.

I texted Jiggy: WG NA KAYA ME PNTA.

Hon: Why?

Me: Nakakahiya. Late me.

Hon: It's ok. Dont wori. We're expecting u.

Haayy. O sya sige. I changed into a flare cut dress with assymetrical bottom. I doned a pair of blue high-heeled shoes. Then, I fixed myself.

Via Jiggy's directions thru sms, 10 na ako nakarating sa bar na Hailey ang pangalan.

The interior of the place reminded me of New York. It was not like other bars na maingay. The floor is made of wood. There are picture frames on the walls. All the pictures were in grayscale.

The tables and chairs though were made of metal. It was black and cushion was red. The place is nice. There was a stage in front.

"..I'm in love with you and all these little things.." sang the one in the stage holding a guitar. Buong-buo ang boses nya. It was like he was serenading everyone. And he sounded familiar.

"..and all those conversations are the secrets that i keep

though it makes--"

"Hello, hon!" I said over the phone.

"Nasan ka?"

"At the back, I guessed."

"Hey, hon!" Nasa harap si Jiggy. Kasama nya sa table si Hera. I went to them.

Pinaghila ako ni Jiggy ng upuan. At mula sa pwesto namin, I can clearly see the singer performing. He strummed the acoustic guitar.

"..but you're perfect to me."

He looked familiar. The forehead, the nose, the lips and the cleft chin.

Si Stranger?

He winked at me. Sya nga! Sya nga yung nabangga ko!

"Hi, Issabelle! Good to see you! Ang pretty mo talaga!" Si Hera.

"T-thank you. How's the business?"

"Ayun, charm pa din. Jiggs, maybe you should buy Issabelle one. She rarely has one."

"Hindi ako mahilig, e." I liked real ones.

I just smiled then looked at the stranger only to find out that he was intently looking at me! Napatingin ako kina Jiggy. They seem not to be noticing.

"You never love yourself half as much as i love you. you'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to. if I let you know, I'm here for you. maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh."

Oh my God! Dmned me but I felt he's singing it for me.

"I've just let these little things slips out of my mouth because it's you. oh it's you. it's you. they add up to I'm in love with you, and all your little things...I'm in love with you, and all your little things.."

Maiihi na yata ako nang bumaba sya sa stage at lumapit sa min. Gosh. Anong nangyayari sa kin? Bakit parang gusto kong kainin na lang ako ng lupa? I felt like I am a high schooler hiding from my crush but was trapped with him.

What's happening to me?

Am I having crush on him?

"Excuse me, I need to go to the restroom."