Introduction

I ran quickly through the forest behind my house. I had to get to the police station. I had to get to the police station. I repeated in my head multiple times. I heard a couple of gun shots and the ground next to me shot up. He did it. He shot y mother, disabling her and got my brother and 2 sisters sent to foster care. He hid me so I wouldn't be taken too and he killed our dog. Now he was after me. He was fucking insane. I heard another gunshot and it hit a tree next to me. I screamed and ran faster. I stumbled on a tree branch and fell. I rolled over and looked at him. He stood above me, towering over me and then, just as he was about to pull the trigger and shoot me in the head, a deer came from nowhere and jumped into him, knocking him in the head with its hoof and bringing both of them down. The gun went off and hit me in the shoulder. I screamed in pain. The deer got up, stepped on his stomach and bounded away. I looked at him. He looked lifeless. I wish he was.

I'm sorry, you probably don't know who I am...Who he is. Who anyone is. I am Aria. Aria Purdy....Ashley Purdy's little sister. I am about 12, almost 13 years younger than he is and he can be overprotective at times. I love him though. I really wish I could tell him though what he did. He is my dad. Yes, our father did this to us. He beat me, cussed me out, insulted me, and now, shot me. He made me starve, and if he smoked, he would be burning me. Because I already have so many bruises and cuts on myself, I try not to cut. I have a few times, but that was about a year ago. I got up slowly and in pain, then walked as quick as I could back to the little house we lived in. Ashley would be here in 10 minutes. I had until then to get ready.