Monster

"Come on", I whispered under my breath "just do it" my fingers tightened over the handle of the knife in my coat pocket,"its for Lizzie" "she needs it" "just one shot, I can't miss". Stepping from the shadows of an ally I stalked forward falling into step with my target. He looked about the age of 18. It was good enough and from his appearance he had a good 7 years to offer at the least.

Pulling the glimmering weapon from my jacket I rushed forward. The pounding of my feet urged him to turn around right before the metal pierced his heart. Dropping to his knees he looked up at me. His eyes bore into mine, they were wide with realization. Blood bubbled up and out of the corners of his mouth. Crimson streaks ran down his chin. I stepped back as I continued to watch his movements. He grabbed the knife protruding from his chest and forced it out of his ribcage before throwing it aside. His eyes never left mine, they glimmered with unknown emotions, the horrors he witnessed throughout his life slowly fading from his conscious mind. A small smile graced his lips as he mouthed the words I hated,' thankyou '.

I shook my head. Those words. They made this crime, this injustice all the more worse. They only confirmed the fact that I was a monster. The man finally fell forward, lifeless. My hands shook, my body trembled, my feet shuffled anxiously till my legs finally gave out forcing me onto my hands and knees. A strangled cry left my lips as my eyes took in the unmoving body before me. I couldn't control the convulsing of my body as it willed me to vomit at the smell of death. The death I caused. Cursing under my breath I quickly scrambled to my feet at the sound of approaching footsteps, grabbing my stained knife I ran to the cover of the shadows. It was for Lizzie, all of it. She the only reason I continue living. I promised her.