Chapter 6

*James' POV*

I woke up with a huge smile on my face and actually no hangover for once on a Sunday morning. I sat up and put my hands out behind me to prop myself up but accidentally put one of my hands on Matt's stomach and transferring a lot of my weight there, I moved my hand quickly but it woke Matt up.

"Mate" Matt said, rubbing his eyes.
"Sorry, I forget I'm in the same bed as others" I apologised.
"We've been doing this for like a year and a half, could you get the hang of it soon?" he requested, sitting up.
"Sorry, I'll try" I laughed.
"You're happier than normal this morning" Matt said, then it dawned on him why "Oh yeah, how's Lily?" he asked.
"Same as yesterday probably" I replied, raising my eyebrow.
"Have you text her yet?" he wondered.
"Mate, it's 9am, she probably won't be up yet" I said, then "Also do you want to make me seem a bit more desperate?"
"I wasn't thinking that you should declare your undying love for her, just texting her saying hey and checking you have the right number maybe?" he explained.
"Maybe at a more sensible hour" I replied.
"Yeah okay, let's go see if the others are awake, then make food" he smiled.
"Always thinking of food" I shook my head.
"Hey, it's important in life" he retaliated.
"Yeah okay, let's go" I laughed.

We split up and went into separate rooms to check on the other boys. I went to Danny and Tom, Matt went to Dougie and Harry. Due to the rooms being pretty close together Matt and I could see each other while standing by the doors, so we decided to open them and creep in at the same time, then if they were asleep yell 'BROCCOLI' which is a private joke that I'm not even going to try to explain, who knows, maybe one day we'll write a song about it which will explain everything.

As we stood by the doors, our hands poised and ready on the door handles I looked over to Matt who was counting down
"3... 2..." I nodded at him, showing I was ready.
"1!"
We opened the doors a crack and peered inside, if they were asleep we'd agreed to wait 10 seconds before yelling so we did it at the same time.

Danny and Tom were asleep so I was counting in my head, "8.. 9.. 10!"

"BROCCOLI" I shouted at the top of my voice, Matt shouted at the same time as me and we both then ran out into the hall laughing our heads off. We collapsed next to each other leaning against the wall, laughing.

"What was that???" shouts and protests came from the rooms, I could hear them grumbling and complaining over the top of our laughter which made it funnier. Tears were actually streaming, I'm sure no one else would find this funny why are we laughing so much?

Tom was first to surface, with Harry first from the other room. They both raised their eyebrows at two fully grown men lying on the floor, crying of laughter over shouting broccoli.

Dougie and Danny appeared and sloped off downstairs, probably to find food, leaving Matt and I to try to stop laughing.

Once we'd finally calmed down we went downstairs to join the rest of the boys to find something to eat. We all decided to have coco pops because I'm pretty sure we're all 3 year olds at heart. Once we finished we decided to sit around the table and have a good old chat.

You know what, today's aim is to write a song, I don't know what about but that's what I'm in the mood for now. I wonder if the boys can inspire me.

"Guys lets write a song today, what should it be about?" I asked.
"Broccoli" Dougie complained sarcastically.
"Yes let's actually!" I cheered, everyone else but Matt sighed.
"Fletcher, Jones, with me in the writing room, Willis, Poynter, Judd, studio" I was far too excited for this song, I used their surnames to show I meant it, but basically Tom Danny and I were going to write and Dougie, Matt and Harry were going to experiment with music to see what sounds good, then in an hour or two, or whenever we get bored and need a break we come together and see what we've got.

Now might be the time for this backstory behind the broccoli thing.

We've been given permission to laugh about this now, but back when Danny was single, before meeting Georgia, it was while he was still in high school I believe, in year 11. He met this girl, I forget her name, something like Poppy or Rose, I don't know, it was a type of flower. Basically he was trying to impress her so he invited her round for tea, but for some unknown reason to us all, he decided to cook for her instead of getting a takeaway or just getting his mum to cook.about 10 minutes before she was supposed to show up he had just finished making the broccoli, when she rang up to say she wasn't coming, he just ended up embarrassing himself. Somehow everyone found out that he had invited her and had gone to all the effort cooking but she wasn't interested and hadn't turned up. You can imagine how that went down. Anyway he never saw her again, after leaving high school and he laughs about it now.

That's the backstory and that's what we're going to write a song about.

Before we even sat down and got lyric books out my brain was bursting with ideas and lyrics. I think I already have the first verse and I need to get it down before I forget it.

"How about this?" I asked.

Everything was going just the way I planned
The broccoli was done
She doesn't know I'm a virgin in the kitchen
Cause it's normally my mum
But then she called me
And that's when
She said to me
She wasn't coming round for tea

Danny went slightly red at the remembrance of his embarrassing mistake and Tom laughed.
"Definitely" Tom confirmed.

Seeing as we had the first verse done it was time to check in with our other half to see how they're doing with music.

We were just heading out of the door when my phone rang.

A/N:
Sorry about this short rubbishy chapter but bear with my on updates, I think they're likely to be once every two weeks, one fanfic each weekend because unfortunately that's all I really have time for, thankyou for reading.