TWENTY| james 5:6

"Ye have condemned, ye have killed the righteous one; he doth not resist you."
- James 5:6

-

The ride was defiantly nerve wracking. It being almost Friday now.  The time being 11:06, sixteen seconds from the next minute. The ride was  quiet. Niall and Harry slept, Gemma stared at me through the mirror the  entire three hour ride, and Louis fiddled with the gun in his hand. It  should make me nervous, but what's the point of killing me now?

But, after the dreadful ride, we arrived right after Claire did. The  dead brown grass and tall, dark trees frightened me. The darkness made  it even scarier. No street lights, no nothing. Just pitch black  darkness.

I followed Claire as she drove through most of the maze  till we got to the small lake and had to walk across it. I parked and  looked in the glove department. The car only had two flashlights along  with the cellphone. I gave Louis and Harry a flashlight. Claire had  given Liam a flashlight and Niall had her other one. She used the phone  just as I did.

"Where are we?" Niall asked.

"Home," I sighed.

"Your parents? I've always wanted to meet them!" Gemma said.

I scoffed at her denseness. "No ones here anymore," I huffed. "Don't be afraid if you see... some shit."

"See what?" Louis asked. "Monsters?"

"Fuck you," I spat at him.

"Dead bodies," Harry answered quietly. "You'll see weapons. You will  see what once was life out here. You will probably see bears, wolves,  deer. It is warm so you may see some snakes."

"Stop it, Harry!" Gemma cried.

I  stared at Harry and he had a blank expression on his face. He stood  with his legs shaking and he leaned against Gemma for support.  Somethings not right.

"Louis," I growled. "What the fuck is wrong with him?"

Louis flashed his flashlight in Harry's face. "He looks sedated."

"What?!" I screamed.

"I said he looks-"

"Don't fucking repeat yourself!" I sighed.

They  touched my brother. I'm the only one allowed to touch him! Me only! I'm  the only one who can give him shit! Me only! They better be lucky I  didn't know this until now, or I would've killed them so slow they  would've reconsidered every life decision they ever made!

Claire looked at me with an interested smirk. "Ya know, it's worse than he's making it out to be, honestly."

"What is this place?" Liam asked.

"The wilderness," I muttered.

"And where... is your... family?" Gemma asked slowly.

"Me and Harry-" I stopped myself. "No, me and me alone, I killed my family."

Louis didn't look surprised and neither did Niall. Liam though, he  looked afraid of me even though he already half-assed knew. Gemma's eyes  widened and her mouth stayed open as she rambled on and on about how  I'm stupid and how God will punish me. I don't blame her. I am a fucking  idiot. But I don't regret that shit for one second.

Claire just shook her head with a smile on her face. I scowled at her and motioned for everyone to go into the wilderness.

"This is the maze," I mumbled. "Please don't get lost unless you want to die."