RUN!!: Test Footage/Pitch

The Creature- Scene One

Int. DORMITORY- Night

The lights of a dormitory hallway flicker on and off every 3 seconds. Light breathing increases speed and volume as fast running footsteps begin to be heard. A preteen, Jake, comes into view running down the hall. He stops at a room and knocks rapidly.

Jake

Help! Help! It's coming!

He runs to the room across the hall and knocks.

JAKE (CONT'D)

Please I need to hide. Now!

Jake runs down the halls and knocks on another dorm three down.

JAKE (CONT'D)

Ugh! Is anyone here?!

Jake runs to the bathroom and shuts the door. He presses his ear against the door. The sound of multiple rapid foot steps rumble down the hallway. The steps reach the door.

(Long pause.)

The door starts to shake vigorously. Jake strains to keep in shut. He locks the door and the shaking stops. Jake sits on the floor and sighs. The bathroom is complete silence except the humming of the bathroom AC.

JAKE

Thank god...

Whispering begins, distorted and raspy.

It stops for a second, then a powerful roar strikes before the door begins shaking again. The flickering of the lights stop at darkness. Noises commence in the bathroom, stalls slamming, screeching noises, deep breathing from Jake.

All the sounds stop as the lights begin to flicker from bright to darkness once again. From a stale crack the door is in view. The door flies open.

CREATURE POINT OF VIEW- EVERYTHING IS IN RED

The curtain comes down at each shower. Faces the stalls.

(Short pause.)

Focus on the middle stall.

A hoarded, raspy sinister laughter fills the bathroom. The door flies in. Down on the floor are Jake's shoes. Faces away from the stall and to the window.

(Short pause.)

A piece of red fabric from Jake's shirt hangs on an open rusty window.

CREATURE POINT OF VIEW- JUMPS OUT THE WINDOW

Int. DORMITORY BATHROOM- Night

The stall on the left of the middle stall that is now missing a door. The flickering lights stop to brightness as the stale opens revealing Jake with his hands and legs spread holding him up.