Chp.1

"Sam" Mrs. B called. I stood up raising my hand "here" I called out. College was hard. Having so many classes, and keeping everything in order. Wanting to peruse your dream as an archeologist and discover things, but still being stuck in this so called Hell. I sat back down with a sigh. "Okay class, today your assignment is to discover your past, where you came from, who you are" Mrs. B said dramatically. Everyone groaned, but I became very happy, as this is what I liked doing, LOVED doing. I quickly scribbled down the assignment into my planner. Discover my past, how cool?! I said to myself.

"You must go to your part of history. Visit it!" Mrs.B said. She then added "Anyone who actually visits where they came from will get extra credit. This will count as your 3rd quarter grade. 1st quarter you will do the background knowledge, 2nd quarter will be the time you explore, visit your ancestors. 3rd quarter everything will be due, ill need a 25 page documentary for people who arnt physically visiting their history. But for everyone who is actually going to visit their history, ill need an exhibit, and a "diary" of everything." My smile just got wider as thoughts of exploring things that people may have never known before, or finding ancient treasures sounded like candy to me. But I knew none of that would happen. Thats just fantasy, but who said it wasnt fun to fantasize?

"For all you might know, you may find something neeewww" This kid name Jamey teased behind me. The entire class laughed. "Shut up Jamey" I sighed under my breath. "Oooooh Sam is actually standing up for herself!" He teased again. I just rolled my eyes. "I feel bad for everyone who is related to you" I mumbled to myself.

Soon enough the bell ring and I was able to leave class. I wasn't going to let the school bully, Jamey ruin my excitement. I ran to my friends Marie. "MARIE WE GET TO DO SOMETHING FUN!" She looked excited.... Until I told her what we're doing. "Well that sounds boring" Marie replied. I just laughed and shook my head. "I had a feeling you were going to say that." Marie laughed. We walked down the hallway to the parking lot. "Ill call you later okay?" Marie asked, hugging me. "Yup! But for now I got to "discover my past"." I said dramatically adding 'air' quotation marks. Marie laughed and got into her car. "T.T.Y.L" She said pulling out of the parking spot blowing a kiss out the window and drove off. I went to my car shaking my head with a grin on my face. Time to discover my past.