Chapter 4

(pictured is Sara Jane except she doens't have snake bites)

                I looked around slowly and saw bright white everywhere around me. “Hello?” I called quietly.

                Nothing. “Hello!?” I called louder.

                “Sh!” a woman’s voice hushed me.

                I looked around and spotted a white haired woman dressed in white. What is it with all the white? She motioned me over to her. “You idiot!” she scolded. “Now you’ve done it! Don’t trust anyone except the three closest and two furthest from your heart.”

                Was that some kind of riddle or was I missing something? “You’re missing something, alright. Multiple memories of people you need to remember!” she sighed and shook her head. “Listen to what you heard in prison. I know you are smart enough.”

                How did she know what I was thinking? “I’m psychic.” she said simply.

                That’s not creepy at all…. Okay, yes it is. I don’t was some lady I don’t know in my head listening to all my thoughts. “But you do know me.” she said calmly.

                I looked at her more carefully. “You’re Sara Jane O’Harris! My mother!”

                “Todd, honey, listen to me…” she stood up and walked over to me as he white hair traveled down her waist. I felt her hands on my shoulders before she continued. “Things are about to get crazy. Some people aren’t who they seem.”

                Everything faded and I heard other voices around me. “..sia…” I heard a woman saying.

                “What’s that?” a guy asked.

                “Memory loss. It can be severe or mild, temporary or permanent.” an older man said.

                I don’t mean older as in a senior citizen, I just mean older than the first guy who had spoken. “We should have told her, Josh….” a third voice said.

                “Amelia? That’s she’s his twin? No, West. People would ask questions. We just ho happened to know which of them would be homophobic?” the second male now.

                The third voice… that was my dad… but what about this Josh guy? Who’s this Amelia? Whose twin is she? “I don’t mean to interrupt but I think Todd is waking up…” the first guy said quietly.

                I felt a hand take my empty one as someone was already holding my right. I felt something wet hit my left arm. Who’s Todd? “Squeeze someone’s hand if you can hear me, kiddo.” the Josh guy said.

                His voice came from the right so I squeezed my left hand, hoping it was my dad. “He’s waking up. He squeezed my hand.” my father said quietly.

                I could hear him holding back his sobs. “Don’t cry, daddy.” I whispered slowly, as if I was afraid of my voice.

                He pressed his lips against the back of my hand gently. “Let me see those beautiful peepers of yours.” he whispered.

                I groaned quietly as I opened my eyes slowly. “Daddy? Can I have a hug?” I asked softly.

                He smiled and hugged me gently, like he was afraid to break me. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and pulled him closer as I hugged him back. “Where am I?”