Thy Shall Feel Pain

"Sousuke?"

"It was terrible Rin. I don't think a knight would ever go through anything like that. I can't imagine going through that... again..."

Sousuke was laying down on a bed in the medical part of the castle. This was usally just for royality but Rin made sure Sousuke got in because everyone has to obey the future king right?

"It's ok. You made it out," Rin said stroking Sousuke's face.

"There were wolves who's eyes were blood red. And traps... traps every where. I fell in one. I nearly fell in one with spikes. The wolves... they bit me and I... I..."

"Sousuke you don't have to finish." Rin kissed Sousuke on the forehead.

They were alone so it was ok but that didn't mean someone could just walk in the room either.
Sousuke has to go and fight an elite knight. No one knows who it is because the knight in training gets to choose.

It works like this: There are three doors and behind it are standing the three most elite knight in the kingdom. Not anyone knowing who is standing by which door, the knight-soon-to-be will choose a door at random. Whoever is behind that door is who they will fight until one can fight no more. Not meaning one shall die since death is not an option. If the knight-soon-to-be is severely injured and can no longer fight then, he will be pulled from the match. However if they did well then they proceed to the next round.

"I lost my torch half way though and it was pitch black. My knife-" Sousuke sits up slightly.

"Sousuke I said you didn't have to continue," Rin says pushes him back down to the bed, "you need to rest before they come and you get you to fight ok?"

"Yeah, alright then Reeeeen." Sosuke chucks a little and then winces.

"I would hurt you right now if you weren't already hurt."

"STANDING BEHIND THE THREE DOORS ARE THE MOST ELITE KNIGHTS! THE FATE OF WHO HE GETS IS NOW IN HIS HANDS!" Gou yells to the cheering crowd.

They gave him time to heal some more since he is fighting the best of the best next. Rin was happy that Sousuke got better fast and how he was already ready to fight.

There he stands in the dusty old arena with three large wooden doors in front of him. Sousuke looks up to Rin and gives a questioning look. Rin knows what he is asking, Which door?

If only I knew who was behind which door. Rin hold up his hand. Paper. They play rock, paper, scissors all the time so Sousuke knows what it meant. To anyone else it would be just wierd to why the prince was holding his hand up.

"More fruit?" Ai says holding up a fancy bowl of green grapes.

Ha no one understood. Better grab some grapes to make it look like that is what I wanted. Rin takes a handful of grapes and thanks Ai.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Yells the crowd.

Rin sits up immediately and looks at the open door. Out steps a some-what short man with dark raven hair and ocean blue eyes. Rin gasps knowing full well who it is

"SOUSUKE YAMAZAKI HAS CHOSEN TO FIGHT HARUKA NANASE!" Momo screams from the top of his lungs.

"NANASE! NANASE! NANASE! NANASE!" Chanted the crowd.

Those two always get into some sort of trouble. It is true that they dislike each other and it is true that the could also hate each other. Sousuke being the sweet overprotective guy that he is, told Haru to back off from Rin. Not that Haru had romantic feelings toward him (he had someone else obviously) but because Haru was made head knight to protect Rin after Rin's father died. Sousuke didn't want to take a chance...

"Oh, this should be interesting, don't you think Onii-chan?"

Rin turned his head slowly to his sister. Being the little spy that she is, she knows Sosuke and Rin's feeling to one another and happens to know everything that happens inside the castle. It doesn't matter if you tried to hide it, she'll find out one way or another.

Rin grunted and turned his attention back to Sousuke who was now currently glaring at him. I am sorry. I didn't know.

"NOW LET THE MATCH BEGIN! IF ONE WERE TO NOT BE ABLE TO FIGHT ANY LONGER THAN HE SHALL BE PULLED FROM THE MATCH! IF THE KNIGHT-SOON-TO-BE WERE TO BE PULLED THAN IF HE PROCEEDS TO THE NEXT ROUND IS UP TO THE PRINCE!" Yelled the Queen to the roaring crowd.

Rin's eyes grew wide. He would decide if Sousuke would continue? This has to be a joke.

"Onii-chan luck was in your favour today wasn't it?" Gou says smiling.

Rin chuckled and turned to Sousuke who was receiving his sword and shield. He choose a nice sharp sword. Haru choose a medium size sword that looked a little dull.

"BEGIN!" Gou shouted when they both nodded when they both were ready.

CLANK! The swords have already touched. SHINK! SHINK! CLANG! Sousuke's shield was hit by Haruka's sword. CLANK!

The process kept coming and going. Every once in a while they would hit each other but it wasn't major. Haru hit Sousuke in the leg, Sousuke hit Haru in the arm. Then the process repeated.

Crack! The whole crowd gasps. Haru's sword went straight through Sousuke's shield. Straight... Straight...

...Into his shoulder...

Sousuke yells in pain and drops his shield. He falls clutching his shoulder.

"STOP! THE FIGHT IS FINISHED!" Rin yells running up to the railing of the balcony that he is in.

Sousuke shakes his head. He wants to keep going? No I won't allow it. Rin shakes his head and the jester was already down their taking their weapons and entertaining the crowd. That's Nagisa for you.