1- Who Are You

Grayson's POV

I got called to the office so I sat in the little section outside of the principal's office.

Stella's POV

I didn't want to listen to this bullshit anymore. She just kept going on and on. I noticed a picture of a young boy on her table, probably a son. Then my mom tap my arm grabbing my attention. I continued to listen to what she said

"...Well I also see your grade aren't very good, but we can set up a tutor. You have plentiful of detentions on your record. This is probably just a phase, you'll want to take school more seriously now. You're a young adult now"

Bad grades mean I need a tutor? This is just a phase? I'm a young adult now? Enough is enough. I can't stand this anymore. I just burst.

"OH REALLY? SO JUST BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE GOOD GRADE YOU THINK I'M STUPID? YOU THINK I NEED HELP? NO I DON'T. AND THAT OH THIS IS JUST A PHASE CRAP? I AM WHO I AM, sorry to disappoint" I say standing up proud that I stood up for myself

"STELLA" My mom yells

Grayson's POV

All I hear is people yelling. I can hear a girl yelling a woman yelling That's when the door swings open. A girl probably around my age stands there in a white lace cropped tank top, black ripped jeans and a gray hoodie. 

"I'm not doing this again mom! I'm sick of it, I'm here 5 minutes and she's already trying to label me as some lost dumb immature kid" she turns to walk out making eye contact with me. 

She just shakes her head and continues to walk out. I get up and go after her. I don't exactly know why, but I just felt like I should. I caught up to her and grabbed her arm. She quickly turned to see me.

"What are you doing?" she says looking at me confused

"Who are you?" I just say

"No. You tell me what you're doing first" she says pulling her arm out of my grasp, placing her hands over her chest.

"What I'm doing is asking you who you are" she rolls her eyes smirking, I think she may have even giggled a bit

"I'm Grayson" I say holding out my hand

"Stella" she says as she shakes my hand. She continues to walk towards the parking lot. I just follow.

"So what happened in there?" I ask hoping she'll respond

"What always happens, they take a look at my record and just assume all these things and try to label me as something I'm not" 

"So who are you then? Not your name, but who are you as a person?" I ask curiously

Stella's POV

This kid is just full of questions isn't he? It's kinda nice though to have someone actually ask me about me, instead of making judgements off of a piece of paper.

"Stick around and you'll find out" I say handing him a skateboard I pulled from my mom's car. That's my brother's skateboard, I grab mine too and throw it to the ground. I start skating towards the town and he comes too.

We had to be skating for almost and hour. Grayson stops on a corner that has an ice cream shop.

"Let's go inside" he says

"What if I don't like ice cream?" I say jokingly. He laughs pushing me inside

"So what's your favorite flavor?" He asks. I start to blush. I don't even know why. 

"I like chocolate chip cookie dough" I answer looking up at him, he's pretty tall.

"We'll have two chocolate chip cookie doughs please" he says to the man at the counter. He pulls out money and pays for it. Then we walk to a table to sit. I reach into my pocket to grab some money.

"Here's for the ice cream" I say handing him a five.

"Stop. I don't want your money. Repay me by telling me about yourself" he says putting a scoop into his mouth. I just start to laugh, causing him to laugh too.

"So what do you wanna know?" I say smiling at him

"Anything? Tell me something nobody knows about you" 

"Um well this is hard for me to say, but... this are extensions" I say laughing.

"No I'm just kidding obviously, but uh something nobody knows about huh?" I pause for a second thinking

"Nobody knows that I just really wanna get out of this place, Jersey is nice, but not for me. I want to go to California and just live my life the way I want" I say looking into his eyes. He smiles and I can't help but look away blushing. There was something about his smile. Or just something about him. He was different.

"Me too" he says after some silence

"I wanna go to California too, I was thinking Berkeley" he says

"I don't know if I'd go there to go to college. I want to experience things there. Get the chance to appreciate it's beauty and what it has to offer. I went there when I was pretty young, so I don't remember much. But there was this day that we went to the beach and I stood near the water with my mom and the wave came in. Water just ran over my toes. I'll never forget that feeling. The feeling of serenity. I just want that feeling back" I look up at him and he looks shocked

"Woah there, I didn't ask for your life story" he says sarcastically causing me to laugh

"And how about you Grayson, what's your life story?"