Meet Kyré.

My name is Kyré. (Pronounced Ky-ray) When I was a child, I witnessed an alien ship descend on London. Against my parents' wishes I kept watching it and at one point, I saw what looked like a hand drop down from the sky. I raced up to the roof of my flat and saw the Prime Minister talking to a woman, and a strange man in his pajamas. A giant green beam shot up from the ground below and obliterated the alien ship. The man in his pajamas yelled at the Prime Minister, it scared me so I hid behind the air conditioning shaft. When all the shouting subsided, I peeked out from my hiding place and saw the man walk towards a blue police box. He saw me and then started to walk over to me. I hid again but he found me.
"Hello there," he said to me, bending down to my level. "What's your name?"
"Kyré," I said softly.
"Tell me, Kyré, did the big ship scare you?"
I shook my head and he looked very surprised.
"Then why are you hiding back here?"
"Because she blew them up." I was referring to the Prime Minister, "They were leaving, they didn't do anything wrong. They were innocent."
He looked at me with intrigue, as if he knew something about me that I didn't.
"I was scared because I thought she would hurt more people that didn't do anything wrong."
"Kyré," he said helping me to my feet, "You're a very brave little girl. And I take it that you don't like bullies."
I shook my head. "But they're bigger than me, they scare me."
"I want you to have this," he handed me a ring with a formation of circles going around the band. "It'll make you even braver if the bullies are scaring. You can stand up to them and they can't hurt you. You'll be able to protect other people."
"Like a superhero?" I asked, my eyes lighting up.
He smiled at me. "Just like a superhero."
I tried to put the ring on, but it was much too big for my little fingers.
"Here, let's try this." He pulled out a silver chain from his pocket and strung the ring on to it. Then he place it around my neck. "Now, don't ever take it off," he made me promise, "That way you'll always be the guardian."
"Superhero," I corrected. "I want to be a superhero."
He nodded and I ran back downstairs with my new "superpower".

That was the first time I met The Doctor. To this day I have never taken the ring from around my neck. I never thought I would see the man who gave me my "superpower" again. But I was wrong. I am eighteen now, almost nineteen, and attending college. History has always been my best class, that and astronomy. Life was normal, so normal it was just plain dull. I was just wishing for some excitement to come along and sweep me away. I should have been more careful in what I wished for, because one night as I was walking back home, everything changed.