Friends Forever (1/2)

A/N: In this story Eren and Levi are both 5 years old

------------

Levi's POV

Again. It happened again. Those boys called me weird and mocked me.

Why?

Why didn't anyone wanted to be my friend?

Just because I had two different eye colours?

I was in the park right now, crying because everyone was disgusted of me. Of me and my weird eyes. But it wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault that one eye of mine was grey and the other one red.

"Levi, you have something that no one else has. Your eyes are unique, my dear." My mom had told me.

"B-But *hic* I don't want these eyes! Everyone says that they're ugly!" I had covered up my face with my palms and had cried over the cruel things that the children from the kindergarten had said to me.

I hadn't known why I had obtained a red eye. My mom had always told me that it was rare to have one eye red-coloured, but she had always called my eyes beautiful. She was the most precious person to me, but... since my birth her health had gotten worse. Despite her illness, she'd always tried to cheer me up and make me feel happy every day. She had put a smile on her face all the time, but in the end... her illness was stronger and so she died.

"Please, live on and be happy, Levi." Were her last words. "Someday you'll find a person who accepts you as who you are and that person won't despise your pretty eyes. Because they'll realize that you are a strong, kind and beautiful person. No matter how you look like, Levi."