Chapter Two- Cristy

I felt uneasy from the beginning of the news, down to the bitter end. I don't cry all the much, but I felt like flooding the room. Sensing, my mom rubbed my back. How would I tell Jennifer?

"Are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Yeah" I said choking on my words. Why did this happen to me?  I thought holding back tears. My life would never be the same.
-----------------

"Cristeen!" Jennifer whispered to me. I didn't reply.

"Cristeen!" Jenni tried again. I didn't look over. I couldn't tell her. I couldn't. The bell rang and I squeezed through, praying Jennifer didn't call my name again. But she did.

"Come on Cristeen! Talk!" She shouted. I hurried even faster through the crowd, anything to avoid telling her the horrid news.

She sped up too and I was soon met by her just before the bell. I glanced over and she caught my eye. She glared. I mouthed a simple "Why are you upset? " scared to say anything else.

"Because you're ignoring me!" She whispered. She knows... What should I say? I thought intently.

I wrote a message on a piece of paper carrying the news I couldn't say. I held my breath when she was close to the news but she never got that far. The teacher snuck up, snatched the paper and tossed it into the trash. Thank goodness the news is gone...