NaLu

Natsu POV

I walked through the streets, a grin on my face, a job request in my hand, laughing at Happy's retelling of Carla's rejection of his fish.

"... and the worst part is, I WORKED HARD NOT TO EAT THAT FISH!" He yelled in a fuzzy ball of rage.

I looked up at the stars, the sky looked so full that if a single star was added, it would burst. I stumbled on a cobblestone and landed flat on my face. I groaned in annoyance, Happy laughing at my idiocy.

I was enjoying that moment, but whatevvverrrr, moments come and moments go.

"Wow, an all time low. Poor Natsu, can't even walk in a straight line." Happy taunted flying around my head. I got up and swatted him, "Shuddup Happy, I can walk just fine."

I looked to my left to see that we were there, Lucy's house. Happy flew up and unlocked her window, and I jumped up to climb through.

My eyes widened and I summersaulted over the bed, I landed on my head with a loud thump. It's better than the alternative though, I ALMOST LANDED ON LUCY! I rubbed my head at that terrifying thought. She would've killed me.

"LUCY!!" Happy yelled shaking her shoulders. "WE FOUND A JOB YOU'LL LOVE!"

I face palmed, sometimes I wonder what's going on inside his head. Probably thoughts about fish, Carla, more fish, Carla, and possibly just a little tiny bit about... Everything else.

"Natsu?" Happy's worried voice makes me look up, "Lucy isn't waking up."

He shook her again, she didn't even stir. I stood up and tried, no luck whatsoever. I felt her forehead and it felt a like fire.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!" I yelled running around frantically. Happy started flying in rapid circles. "Happy! You make her some food, and I'll try to wake her up."

Water? Water should help, I filled a bucket with ice water and dumped it all over her.

She started to shiver furiously. "Look what you did! Now she's cold!" Happy practically screeched.

I lit my hands with my flames and held them near her. She started to relax a little bit but of course, something else had to go wrong. The water lacrima detected the fire in the house and drenched the source (i.e me) in water to put out the fire.

I sat down on her bed and noticed she was shivering again. I pulled her onto my lap and increased my body temperature until she stopped shivering.

"Happy, go get Wendy. I need her help." I quietly yelled to the cat.

"Aye sir!" He flew out the open window.

I stand up off the floor, holding Lucy in my arms as I move slowly. Trying not to hit her into a wall. I move to the desk chair and sit, her shivering head on my chest.

Half an hour later, Wendy arrived with Carla and Happy.

"What's wrong with her Natsu?" Wendy asks looking around at the destruction.

"You're the doc, how'm I supposed to know?"

She huffs and starts healing Lucy. Her hands glowing a beautiful blue color and Lucy visibly relaxes.

"Did you fix her? That better've fixed her. Oh hi Carla, how are you today?" Happy rambles. I smack him in the back of the head.

"She should be fine,
just your run of the mill fever. Didn't she go to the mountains with you guys yesterday? She'll probably wake up tomorrow with a slight cold, but other then that, everything's okay." Wendy exclaims wiping her brow and standing from her spot next to Lucy.

"Everything but..." I gesture around the trashed room.

"That's your problem Natsu, I'm tired." With that, she and Carla left, Happy fluttering behind them in a daze.

I carefully place Lucy back on her bed and sit on the floor next to her thinking, I don't think I'll soon forget this moment.

Lucy rolls over, a small smile on her lips as she murmurs in a light laugh, "Natsu" before slipping back into her sleep

I smile, and lay my head against the side of the bed, quickly falling asleep.

___________________
Happy POV

I fly back into the room to find Lucy AND Natsu asleep. I grab a mop, groaning at the mess that was left. This is going to take awhile. But at least, I smile, he'll owe me a favor in the future.

I drool at the thought of hundreds of fish stacked around me. Hehe, this is going to be GREAT.

___________________

Jerza next? Maybe.