Chapter I

I looked at my old rocking horse I used as young child, shivering at the memories it brought. I should've had it rid of years ago, I guess it's just too hard to let go of the only good memory I have. I walk into the faded bathroom, everything grey. I undo the buttons of my white shirt, as I do this, I catch a glimpse of myself in the cobweb-covered antique mirror I have hanging on my wall. I look at my short black hair, my fringe falling to one side, than I study my eyes, a pale green colour, abnormal. My shirt drops to the floor and I undress to take a shower. I hear the constant creaking of the house, my father always told me it was just settling, now, settling is never the cause. I quickly dry myself off and put on a white button down shirt identical to the last. Out of peripheral vision, I see a dark figure, a shadow, I shake my head and blink a few times, no, this isn't real.

I knock on the wall on various sections, I find the wooden beam that holds the walls up and ever so lightly tap on it... Silence, I tap again, I try waiting and hoping to hear something back, I don't know why I do this, quite stupid, yet I insist on believing that I'm going to get an answer back. I scream at the top of my lungs with absolute frustration and slam my closed fist into the wall, puncturing it... 'Bad idea, Sillus' I muse to myself, can't take it back now. As I turn around and begin to walk away, I hear a light knocking, I swiftly whip around on my heel, and strut back to the wall, I press my ear against the wall, I hear it again, .... . ._.. .__. __ . , it was in morse code, I look up the code in my old booklet, it spells 'help me' what could this mean? I tap back into the wall, using the morse guide to help me spell out 'who is this?' The answer back was unbearable, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I stumbled back, tripping over my own feet and falling backwards onto the little wooden rocking horse, my arms draped over the side of it. As I make contact with it, I hear the screams of who the person in the wall was.

I couldn't move, I was paralysed, I was staring straight into the demonic eyes of the rocking horse, I tried to strain my neck just enough to look up at the ceiling. As I look up, being carved into the roof were the two words that I fear the most,'help me.' I scream and struggle yet I still cannot move, I finally give in to the strong pull of the satanic creatures that were dragging me down, I collapsed onto the ground in an unending nightmare, the person who wrote those words, was my mother.