Unwanted Presence

Sorry for all the short paragraphs.. They looked long when I wrote it on my phone ;c

It was cold and dark. I glanced around, seeing the red numbers glowing in the dark, they read 3:22 am.

I sighed and stayed sitting up. A light thump then echoed in the hall. A surge of uneasiness went through me, sending chills down my back.

I sat there, paralyzed by fear in the darkness. I couldn't see anything and I kept hearing that soft thumping.

It seemed to be getting closer and closer to me. I shook my head and whispered.

"You're going crazy, that's all."

The thumps became louder and louder, as they became quicker, I realized that I was not alone.

"You remembered to lock the doors right?" A sudden hushed voice said.

Quickly I laid down and pulled the covers over my head. Was that my imagination?

I laughed silently. It must have been. I had locked the doors, I doubled checked. I should know.

Just then I heard my door slowly creek open. Light footsteps across my floor and a tap on my shoulder.

I knew I couldn't look, I couldn't come out of the blankets. It wouldn't end well for me. It wouldn't be safe.

I heard a sudden loud banging, coming from beside me. Then a ear piercing sound which sounded like a scream but was too eerie to even compare.

The high pitched wales sounded like cries of extreme pain.

I sobbed silently as I saw what was there beside me. It was the scariest, most horrible thing I'd ever seen.

The eyes were a blood red and had a dark ring around them. As if showing it's weariness. It's teeth were jagged and shark-like. It's mouth curled into a menacing smile.

It spoke ever so quietly but I could not make out a single word it was saying. I was too shocked, too fearful to even listen to it.

I stared for awhile, it stared back. It's smile becoming horribly terrifying. It's face becoming twisted and darker.

It slid under my bed and whispered.

"This is it."

As a tight grip was then settling on my arm I tried to yank it loose. The horrible creature would not let go.

It laughed darkly.

"Goodnight." It said aggressively.

I blinked quickly seeing it's twisted smile separate. It was opening it's mouth.

My arm was soon in it's mouth, the loud crunch of my bones cracking rang through the air. I screamed loudly, no one could hear me. I was certain, even if they could what would they do?

Another loud crack followed by an intense pain as the thing ripped my arm completely off. Blood now rushed out of my body.

I felt light headed as I heard it say dully.

"Don't let the monsters under the bed bite." Then it laughed disturbingly as I passed out.

The end.