Prologue

No matter how many monsters we killed, there were always new ones to come.
Some of them attacked us with fire, what made them actually the most dangerous ones.
I killed one, but a burning pain was going through my arm at the same time. I looked at it. Red, burned skin.
I'm thanking the Gods that I'm not going sick when I look at injuries.
'Where's Valdez when you actually need him once in your life?!'
I yell at Annabeth, who's fighting some meters left from me with 5 giant creatures at the same time.
'With his mortal-girlfriend, I guess.' Annabeth answers, while she's cutting one of the monster in two halves, what makes it disappear.
I still don't get how this idiot was able to find a girl that was okay with spending time with him.
'But I'm sure he's going to be happy that you needed him!'
Jason laughs from the other side of the group of monsters Annabeth is fighting.
'Concentration! Or there won't be anyone left to tell him!'
'REYNA!' This time it's Percy's voice.
I turn around, but it's already too late.
One of the fire monsters is causing a giant explosion-right next to me.
I fly through the air, not able to move, or even to tell if it goes up or down.
I pray to every single god, roman or greek that I may not die right now, when my people need me.
After a while I realize that I'm already falling way to long.
I open my eyes and see much water and a single island under me.
The island comes fast, too fast in my opinion, closer, until I can see every single sand corn.
Then everything turns black.