Luke Hemmings Oneshot

(Y/N) = Your Name

You were browsing your Instagram on the latest news feed when all of a sudden your phone rings.

"Lukey Hemmo <3"

You quickly answered it with no hesitation. "Hey Luke! What's up?"

"Hey (Y/N)! Nothing much. Just practicin' some guitar and vocals. You?"

"Just scrollin' through my IG, being bored, listening to Beside You."

Your best friend, Luke, whom you have had a crush on since 5th grade, was in a band with his mates called 5 Seconds of Summer. Your all-time favourite song from them was Beside You. Not to mention, it was Luke's favourite, too.

"So, uh, (Y/N)... Me and the boys are going to Strike n' Spare tonight. We're gonna play some Lazer Tag and eat pizza and just have fun. You can come if you want!"

"Sounds great! Ill be there, definitely."

"Great. See ya later, then!" And so you both hung up and you started to closet hunt for an outfit.

~Later That Night~

You got Ashton to drive you there, since you don't have your liscense yet. The whole drive, you and Ashton were talking about Luke.

Aside from Luke, Ashton was also your best friend. He was like one of those best gay friends you have, except he wasn't gay. He has a girlfriend, actually. But you can tell Ashton ANYTHING, which is why he already knows you like Luke.

"How much do you like Luke, (Y/N)?"

"Uhh.. well.. um," you get really nervous and awkward when asked questions like this. But Ashton's your best friend, so why not tell him?

"Well.. ugh. A lot, I guess."

"What do you like about him?"

"Well... I think he's really cute. He's extremely funny and sweet. And his voice is amazing. His personality, though. We are almost like the same person!"

"You want to know a secret, (Y/N)? Ashton said with a smug look.

"Sure, I guess. What is it?"

"Luke talks about you all the time. Like non-stop. He likes you for all the same reasons, you know."

By then you were blushing. You didn't really know what to say. But your first instinct was, "Ashton, you haven't told him that I like him, have you!?"

"No, no! Of course not. But I imagine that he might tell you tonight. Good luck with that."

You didn't say anything the rest of the time. You just sat there, blushing and smiling a little.  Until you arrived. By the time Ashton had already closed his door shut, you were still sitting with your seatbelt on, staring at the parking lot in front of you. Then Ashton opened your door and said, "Aren't you going to get out? Your lover is inside." And he smirked.

"Shut up!" You said, smiling, and got out of the car.

When you walked inside, you immediately saw three idiots stuffing their faces with pizza.  Luke and Calum noticed you guys and waved their hands frantically at you. Michael just sat there eating his pizza, not really caring.

You guys walked over to their table. The pizza was still hot and fresh. They offered you some but you didn't take a slice due to too much blushing and being nervous.

Once they were done eating, Calum shouted, "LAZER TAG!"

You've been waiting for Lazer Tag the whole day. You LOVE Lazer Tag. It's always so cool in those neon rooms they put you in.

You guys went into the room with all the gear and strapped up. It was you, Luke, and Calum against Ashton, Michael, and some other guy who you guys didn't know.

Luke whispered to you, "Come on. We can take them!" And with that, you entered the room,  found your positions, and the game started.

You stayed in your corner for a couple seconds then started moving slow to another side of the room. You could hear nothing yet. It was really silent up until that one boy snuck up on you and started shooting. You quickly turned to face him and you shot as much as you can, and you both ran away about the same time.

You kept walking, listening to all the noise away from you. Then someone stepped in front of you. You were about to shoot until you noticed he was on the same team as you.

It was Luke.

You whispered, "Where are all the people? I can't find anyone."

"Follow me." He replied. "We'll gang 'em!"

You followed him a little bit and then you saw 3 people shooting at eachother. It was Ashton and Michael and Calum. Poor Cal. He's unmatched. But you and Luke joined him, you guys dueled for a few minutes and then the bell rang, signaling the end of the game.

All six of you looked at the scoreboard.

"Blue Team: 49 points. Orange Team: 58 points."

"YES!" You, Luke, and Cal yelled while jumping in the air and fist pumping. "WE WON!" Shouted Luke.

You guys all left the dark rooms and back into the arcade.

Ashton suggested you guys go to the "Sk8ing Rink" but only Michael and Calum joined him. And that other boy went to join his friends wherever.

It was only you and Luke.

"Oh! (Y/N)! I found this on the floor in the Lazer Tag room. You must have dropped it." And he handed you your phone.

You patted your jeans pocket and sure enough, it was empty.

"Thanks, Luke! You're a lifesaver.. I would have died without my phone!" You tried to grab it, but he just took it back.

He pressed the unlock button, and the contact page for him was still on the phone from earlier. He pointed to his name: "Lukey Hemmo <3"

"You have my name as Lukey? With a heart next to it?"

You were absolutely mortified.. You didn't want to answer. Which was okay, because before you could, he chimed in again.

"I like it! It's cute. Because I have you in my phone as (Y/N) <3".

Before you could reply to that, he quickly pecked you on the lips.

And then you guys joined the other boys in a round of skating, the whole time holding eachother's hand, trying not to fall. And for some reason, the DJ just had to start playing Beside You.