Once Upon a Crime

Hey there...

I'm not really sure how to start this. First off, I'm Rosalie Marie, but everybody calls me Rosemee. I'm seventeen years old, going on eighteen. Three weeks ago, my sister died in a fire that was blamed on me, even though i had been sleeping at the time. So you could say i was a delinquent. But, back to my introduction of my name. You should know, when I said everybody, I meant the bitches at my school that pick on me every day. They mainly pick in me because they think my crime is nothing, and at my school, the worse the crime, the more popular you are. My teachers tried to call me Rosalie when I first came here, but Rosemee kind of stuck. So now I'm Rosemee Carter, the official freak of Benjamin High, the private school for Challenged Teenagers. As in, the High School with all of the kids that have committed a bad crime in their lives.

I've been here for two weeks only, and already I know this place like the back of my hand. The population of Benjamin High are all put into four seperate buildings. These buildings contain only our dorms, and depending on how bad you are determines where you go. I was put with the best people, the ones who committed crimes that aren't as bad or haven't yet been proven. Each of us get our own rooms, luckily, and we get to choose them too.

Since I'm one of the least Challenged students, I'm not restricted as much as the others. There are some, the really, really bad students, who have to wear a wristband wherever they go, and one wrong move means they're electrocuted like dogs. At least the bands aren't around their necks.

So, we each get exactly seven hours of sleep on the dot. Whether we actually sleep or take that time to do something else, it's our choice. I choose to sleep, but the person next to me... well you get the idea. When we each wake up at six o'clock sharp, we have ten minutes to get dressed and another ten to do anything we have to. We report to our classes at Six Twenty-Five and if we're late, we get a wristband. If you already have one, you're electrocuted. We spend eight straight hours of class, and then we get

a lunch break, but by then it's halfway to dinner.

After our "lunch", we get a few hours to finish homework, and we're key loose among the grounds. I usually hang out below an old palm tree and read. There honestly isn't much for me here. I have once friend, a very loud girl who doesn't care about her appearance. Everyone knows who she is, and she isn't exactly popular, nor is she unpopular. She's simply known as the trouble maker, Cameron Cloutier. I don't know how she became my most trusted friend, but she is, and I kind of have no choice but to love her for giving me a chance.