Chapter One

James Williams. That's the name that pops into my head the sixteenth time I wake up at Benjamin High. I don't know why I wake up with his name embedded in my brain, or why it sticks with me all the way to first Period. But, ironically enough, the worst thing that could ever happen to me, happens while I was thinking of him.

Our slightly over-weight teacher Mr. Jipson, a short and chubby man with a pink face, bushy eyebrows, and a goatee, calls my name.

"Ms. Carter." He begins, his surprisingly enthusiastic voice reaching me as I look up. "I have a pleasant surprise for you."

'Oh no.' I don't say this out loud, I would be insane to do that. But everyone know what was coming, especially James Williams, who had already begun to stand.

"Mr. Williams is your new class partner for the month."

I let out a soft groan and put my head on my desk. Every month, James is assigned a new spot in class, and a new partner. Why is this a bad thing, you ask?

Because James Williams is the worst student in all of Benjamin High, and that's saying something. It's said that he's killed at least three people, but he was too young to go to jail, so he was sent here. At the end of every day he disappears, not showing up again until after curfew. But apparently he's always on campus, because the sirens never go off.

At lunch he doesn't eat, he simply sits there talking with his friends; his friends consist of two other guys, Callum and Sam. All are skinny, all are delinquents.

I'll describe James for you, it'll help you visualize why I personally don't like him. James Williams is a 6'6 guy, with light brown hair that's always just a little too long for comfort. He has large blueish eyes and always wears these nerdy looking glasses that I'm sure he must hate. He's unbelievably pale, to the point that I sometimes wonder if he's ever even been outside before. His bangs always cover his left eye, and he has a habit if flipping it out of the way with a light toss of his head. He's very skinny, but lean and he likes playing cards... A lot.

He also just happens to have a band on each wrist, and one on his Right ankle. He once made the mistake of taking his off, and that's how he got three and an hour of sever punishment.

Enough describing, lets get back to the real story.