Chapter 17

"She's my sunshine in the rain

My Tylenol when I'm in pain yeah

Let me tell you what she means to me

Like a tall glass of lemonade

When it's burning hot on summer days

She's exactly what I need."

- Lemonade by Jeremy Passion

Chapter 17

Carson and I spend the rest of the week working on our history project. We only have a few more things to finish before we're done, so I agreed to go to his house again to finish the project.

I pull up to his house and see more than one car in the long driveway. Wait...is that...is that Carson's dad?

I wasn't suppose to meet his parents! Okay, well he said he only loves with his dad but still. I wasn't prepared for this! I'm mean, I'm not a terrible person and usually parents like me but those are usually parents of friends not parents of....what is Carson?

I wave it off and walk up to his gigantic front door, ringing the door bell. I wait for a few moments and a man greatly resembling Carson answers the door.

He gives me a toothy grin and greets loudly, "Well, you must be Nora! Welcome!"

I smile back and hold my hand out, "Yes, I'm Nora. Nice to meet you."

He shakes my hand and pulls me into a hug, "Nora I already like you. Call me Mr. Bryant. Come on in."

Well that was quick.

He guides me through the front door and walks me to their industrial sized kitchen. I don't think this house will ever seize to amaze me.

I see Carson sitting at the table with his laptop in front of him. He looks up when we walk in the room.

"Hey Taz. How ya been?" he grins, closing the laptop.

"Good. How 'bout you?" I say not even bothering to fight him about the nickname. I've actually gotten used to it. It'd be weird if he actually called me by my name.

"Pretty good actually," he answers. I walk over to the table and sit in the seat across from him.

"So," his dad starts, "you guys are finishing you project right?"

"Yes, sir," I nod.

Mr. Bryant smiles, "This is why I like you." He turns to Carson, "You hear that? Sir. Yeah. Take note."

I grin.

"Wait, what? I say sir to you!" Carson argues.

"Yeah. But you need to say it in every sentence so I can feel awesome every time you speak to me," Mr. Bryant replies.

I almost fall out of my chair from laughing. Who is this man and why have I never met him?

Carson gives me a funny look. "You think he's funny?"

I nod and Mr. Bryant puts a hand on my shoulder. "Another reason why I like you. Someone finally appreciates my humor."

I see Carson roll his eyes across the table and I start laughing again. "Well, glad I gained your approval," I say, happily.