Kill or Be Killed

A/N: This story is in partnership with my cousin, TheDevilLord. Go check her stuff out ;D

Hope you like it and remember to VOTE, COMMENT and FAN US!

+++ Chapter One: The Game Has Just Begun +++

“Are you sure it’s safe to be here?” Alyssa panted; her lungs burning for more oxygen.

Skylar nodded, brushing her hair off her face. “Yes, where we can be alone.” He smirked deviously and crashed his lips upon hers roughly. Alyssa moaned lightly between the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck and deepening the passionate kiss.

“Wait, stop.” Alyssa scowled, shuffling her shoulders uncomfortably. “Something doesn’t feel right, can we please go?” She swallowed nervously, adrenaline running through her veins.

Skylar furrowed his eyebrows but shook his head, “Come on, Alyssa, and don’t worry. I’m here; I promise I’ll protect you if something happens.” He smirked. Alyssa lightly nodded but couldn’t get that sinking feeling of doom out of her mind.

Police siren filled the whole street and policemen were fending off passer-bys while they were bordering up the crime scene. Two teenagers were found dead this morning in the dark forest, discovered by an elderly man who was going for his usual morning jog.

            “Detective Belsito,” the Italian man introduced, flipping his badge at the elderly man who discovered the bodies. He had a heavy accent to prove his nationality. He looked about early to mid-thirties and like all Italian men, he was good looking. “So you discovered the bodies?”

            “Y-yes…” the elderly man replied. Detective Belsito didn’t seem to sympathise that the elderly man was shaken at the discovery early in the morning. The detective raised an eyebrow at the elderly man, pen and notepad at the ready to record his story. But the elderly men did not understand him.

            “The discovery,” Belsito stated. “Would you like to tell me what happened in details?”

            “Oh yes…yes,” the elderly nodded, bobbing his head slightly. He played with his fingers, nervous that he would be accused of the murder. “I was jogging as usual in the morning. I came up to an area and the ground was extremely wet but it wasn’t raining the night before. I looked down and saw that there was blood so I followed the trail and found the bodies.”

            Belsito nodded as he recorded what the elderly man said. Before he could ask another question, Detective Sergeant Johnson came up to the two men and rubbed his chin. He looked slightly shaken and the look in his eyes was something Belsito had never seen before.

            “You might like to see this,” Johnson breathed. “This is not something you’d see every day.”

            Belsito frowned and put his notepad into his pocket and told the elderly man to stay put while he followed Johnson. Like the elderly said, there was a trail of blood, leading up to a tree. And like Johnson said, it really wasn’t something you would see every day…

Belsito looked at the photos taken at the crime scene earlier that day. He had been put off his cup of coffee ever since he returned from the crime scene. It was disturbing how someone could have done that.

            “Well, this is something new,” Johnson said, breaking the silence in the room. They had been studying the photos ever since they’ve returned but to no avail. The disturbing pictures did not tell them anything at all apart from that the murderer was cold-blooded.

            There were several pictures laid on the table. The one nearest to Johnson was a full picture of the tree of which the bodies were hung. On each side of the tree, the girl and the boy were hung respectively; the girl by her neck and the boy by his hands. A closer picture of the girl’s body was on the right of Johnson. She was naked with her hair dishevelled and her face covered. Next to that picture, it was her face mutilated. Her face was so diminished that she was unrecognisable. On the other side, the boy was also naked. His face was not mutilated but his abdomen was carved with the word, ‘KILLED’.

            A letter sealed in a clear plastic bag was held in Belsito’s hand as he read the letter over and over again even though it was only consisted of a few words. But they were haunting…

THE GAME HAS JUST BEGUN. KILL OR BE KILLED