Chapter 1

If you have ever met me, you're probably wondering where I am. Unfortunately I would never be able to tell you, because I am lost, lost to the world I once knew. I can only guess how long I've been here, 3 years, 3 weeks, 3 minutes. Time doesn't really exist here so it doesn't matter. I know things were different, I know life wasn't always like this, but I can't quite remember. I can't remember anything before I woke up here, so I guess I'll start from there.

I awoke sitting my back against the wall in a hallway. I was covered in sweat, the tank top I was wearing was wet at the neck. My first thoughts were to stand up and get my bearings, but as I tried to push myself up, my right arm protested and felt weak. I tried again, this time I felt a sharp pain halfway down my arm. I looked down to discover the source of the pain was a hypodermic needle, rusted at the tip and oozing liquid out of my arm, I ripped it out and blood began squirting out. There wasn't really a point in panicking, as no one else was around. I forced myself up and scanned my surroundings, holding my right arm with my left, attempting to stop the bleeding. When I looked around, I saw lockers on the walls and a bathroom at the end of the hallway, everything was so colorless, as if reality turned itself to black and white. At first when I woke up, I thought it was dark because the lights were off, I soon noticed there were not lights at all. Not caring at the time, due to my bleeding, I made my way to the bathroom at the end of the hall. I walked in slowly, a bit scared because the situation was so odd. I went straight to the sink and turned the water on, my arm lay in the sink with the water colored pink from my blood. The water offered no sensation, it wasn't cold, it wasn't warm, It felt like there wasn't any water at all, but I could see it. I splashed my face with some water, and again no sensation. All the odd occurrences had me forgetting there was a reflection staring back at me. I was shocked to see an unfamiliar person in the mirror, I guess my loss of past memories even made me forget my own appearance. The person I now recognize as myself has shoulder length black hair, green eyes, is 6ft 1in tall, and has a long beard. The clothes I see on myself are a white sweaty tank top and light blue jeans, no shoes. I can't even guess my age, due to wrinkles from lack of sleep, but if I had to guess, I'm somewhere between 28 and 44. I stared at myself for what seemed to be hours, I turned off the water.

There was silence, and then my heart stopped, I heard footsteps. The foot steps were no doubt coming this way, I quickly took off my tank top and wrapped it around my arm, then I ran into the nearest toilet stall. I wasn't sure why I was acting so paranoid, but this could be anything. A few seconds past as I sit there scared out of my mind, I realize whatever is walking out there hasn't made it in here yet. I quickly climb onto the toilet so it won't be able to see my feet. The footsteps now entered into the bathroom. Whatever it is, it's now in here with me.