The Good

(Notes: Re-writing the story, I have the original so will be working off of that and would love any and all feedback. I tried to give the story more depth and gave Aiden more time to think.) Comment please!

Chapter 1

The desk tipped over underneath him. He went down with it, sounding a yell. The desk crashed forward, the top of it popping open like it was on hinges. He landed on the top and cracked it with his weight. The small club erupted in laughter. The guy was on the brink of tears as he stumbled back up. Looked like a pretty bad fall, since it brought a large kid like him to the edge of crying.

"Excuse me! Brian! Everyone Quiet!" The teacher yelled, silencing the room again. His face was red and had beads of sweat going down his forehead. He walked over to Brian and picked up the desk behind the kid before handing him a pass to the nurse. "Do you need anyone to help you?"

Brian shook his head and slowly walked out of the room. The club was still softly murmuring to each other behind the teacher's back. When he turned around, they went silent. Eyes silently blinking at him. He scanned the room.

"Now," He said with a heavy breathe. "Who finished their essay and would like to share?"

Everyone looked around at each other: they all looked back at me. I sink closer to the desk and move my arm in front of my mouth, keeping my head down on the desk. After a moment, I look down at the purple composition in front. It was open to the essay he was talking about. Four pages and it was correctly formatted to his criteria. I wasn't going to show it though. Instead I grab a pencil and start shading the top of the page. I ignore the coughs for attention, the dropping of books for recognition and the not subtle whispers of my name. I'm not sharing this essay.

"Aiden." I look up as the teacher clapped his hands. He smiled at me. "Why don't you share? You always have an interesting essay to show."
I looked back down at the book. By interesting, he means completely messed up. I read over the beginning:

The world is a huge place. Seven billion people are on this planet and it's hard to keep up with that many life forms. So if one suddenly dies, it wouldn't be such a disaster, mainly because there are still six hundred, ninety-nine hundred million lives identical to it. It's replaceable. It's recyclable. Even the Earth reuses the physical being to create nutrients for something better to grow in its place.

The more I reread over, the more I realize that I went off again. Most of the time I can just rewrite an essay to keep myself out of the counselor's office, but I couldn't disguise this one; human recycling. I bury my face in my arm and try to quiet my breathing. I don't want to share and go to the counselor's office, get my parents called down and have them fight there, then get grounded again, get the notebook taken away and if they are pissed enough, get my room searched for the other one . .

"MR. LUCAS!" I jump and snap back on the chair.

I see everyone look me over with skepticism. I bit my lip and just look at the teacher.

He gestures for me to stand up. I do.

"Now please. Share your essay."

I take a breathe, slowly pick up my composition book, looking around around at the faces staring at me like I'm a exhibit. I turn a page back and look at the previous essay, but remember that it was the one that sent me to the office two weeks ago.I don't want to do this, I don't like talking. I don't talk. My arms are weak. My heart is barely beating. My mouth isn't working, and once again I hear a siren in my ears. It could be for anything, but I wish it would be ambulance coming. I can't do this.

My arms snap in front of me. The book slaps against the table. I blink and the teacher is right beside of me. He has an arm around me. I see everyone standing up, looking at me. I didn't realize my sudden tilt.