Chapter 1

Yoon had been squeezing oranges over the redhead's mouth for some time now. His arms should be quite tired. Just as (Name) was about to switch with Yoon, the girl's eyes opened suddenly, making (Name) jump a little.

"Ah. You're awake?" Yoon squished the slice of orange into her mouth. "My hands were getting tired." I knew it.

"Hoo A U (Who are you)?" The girl mumbled, trying to keep the slice in her mouth.

Yoon stood up and started grinding his medicine again. "I'm Yoon. I'm just a good-looking guy passing through. You can forget that." He licked his fingers that were sour from the oranges and motioned to (Name). "That's (Name)."

Yona nodded slowly at (Name) as she smiled at her. (Name) continued what she had been doing, while listening quietly to the conversation.

"Anyway, who are you guys?" Yoon continued. "You don't look like bandits, but you're quite persistent if you're still alive after falling from that cliff.

"Cliff?" The girl held her head in pain. She gasped. "That's right, we... Hak! Where's Hak?!"

"Hak? If you mean that dark-haired man that was with you, he's over there..." Yoon motioned to the man lying on a bed, covered in bandages.

At that sight, the girl's expression darkened and she scrambled to him, calling his name.

"He's alive. Just barely." Yoon said as he continued making his medicine. "I've managed to take care of the poison his body received, but with the sword cut on his chest, the bruises all over his body, and the amount of broken ribs which caused internal bleeding, he would have died if I had treated him a moment later." As expected of Yoon. (Name) smirked silently, taking in another moment of glory of having Yoon as her older brother. "He was probably shielding you when you two fell from the cliff. It looked like he was hugging you when you guys fell."

Hearing Yoon's words, the redhead wore a pained look on her face and she clutched her hands together, praying for Hak's recovery. They seem close... I wonder if...

"That guy went through that much for you." (Name) finally spoke, her feminine heart curious and craving for excitement to her life. "Are you lovers?"

The girl shook her head furiously. "No. Definitely not." (Name) wanted to laugh at such a blunt reply. She felt sorry for the guy. It seemed quite obvious that nobody would go through such lengths for just a normal person.

Recovering from the shock of seeing her friend in a torn up state, the girl turned to Yoon and started shooting off like a machine gun. "So is this the bottom of the valley? Do you live here? Are you a doctor? There's someone I'm looking for, but-"

"Yoon! (Name)!" She was cut off by a muddy Ik-Soo stumbling towards them. "Listen to what I have to say!"

"Hold it." Yoon raised a leg to push him away with his foot. "Jeez! Why are you covered in mud?! Don't come near me."

"While I was praying to the heavens for everyone to be happy, I slipped and fell!" Ik-Soo whimpered.

"You're such a pain!" Yoon exclaimed annoyed. "The heavens have deserted you!"

"That's harsh!" (Name) smiled at the familiar scene that unfolded before her. Really, what would Ik-Soo do without them? She started looking for clean clothing for him to change into. Meanwhile, the girl just stared blankly at the weird new stranger that appeared before her until he noticed her existence.

"You woke up! Thank goodness!" He dashed in front of her, clutching both hands together happily with an overjoyed look. "How do you do? My name is Ik-Soo. I'm kind of like Yoon and (Name)'s guardian."

"Except that we're the ones taking care of you." Yoon's voice could be heard from the background and (Name) chuckled silently.

"I'm-" The girl was about to say something when Ik-Soo cut her off (again).

"Y-You've really ... suffered a lot, haven't you...?" Tears started dripping down Ik-Soo's cheeks. The girl looked as if something hit her.

"No, I haven't... Hak shield me, so..."

"No, I meant from the time when you made the decision to start your trip."

"Huh?" The girl stared at him blankly again.

"Even more so for a person like you, Yona-hime..."

HUH?! PRINCESS?! (Name) almost dropped the clothing she had prepared to pass to Ik-Soo.

"Hold on... How do you know about me?"

"God told me tha-" Sudden realization hit Ik-Soo. Stupid Ik-Soo, he wasn't supposed to tell people that. He really can't tell a lie, can he?

"Are you stupid?" Yoon started reproaching him. "There's no point living in seclusion if you tell others so casually."

"Oh shoot I wanted to look proper and neat when I greeted the princess..." Ik-Soo started panicking, but Yona was not paying attention. She seemed to be lost in thought after knowing that Ik-Soo was the priest.