Part 1

I stared into her amber eyes as we danced.

Never have I met someone as selfless and strong, kindhearted and feisty, darling and intelligent as this girl...I guess you could say she stole my heart when we met.

I just hope she doesn't crush it when she finds out she has it.

I mean, how could she? The worst that could happen...n-never mind, I don't want to think about that, all that matters is here and now...right?

She asked me, out of all the guys in this school, she chose me for this dance. So why am I worrying?

Am I thinking way too much about this? Is my hair straight? My tuxedo clean?

Oh...that girl...the one who brought me to this Sweetheart Dance...is so elegant...

Yet, she is so kind, helping my family with Fuzzy Friends, I owe her one for that.

She must feel the same way, she looks at me with eyes so bright, it looks like the stars aren't even shining!

We've been through so much together in such little time...I wouldn't want anyone else by my side...as my partner...

No, not just a biology partner, something more...like as my girlfriend.

I felt my heart about to explode out of my chest as we ice-skated, I felt the stares of her two best friends burning into me.

I hope this is real. Not some kind of joke, but she would never do that to me...right?

There I go, unsure of myself, what is she thinking right now? Is she thinking the same thing?

Miss Know-It-All told me making this decision could be the BEST decision I've ever made in my life...or it could lead into doom and despair...

Oh? You must be wondering who this girl is that I am super nervous about admitting my feelings to.

Well, her name is Nikki Maxwell, the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

"Yes, Brandon?" Nikki asked as we were on the last dance, slow music still playing, her eyes still shining.

I sighed, took a deep breath.

Oh, God, I hope I'm making the right decision.

No doom and despair please...