Holy Smokes, I'm a Dad?!

Patrick's POV

'knock, knock, knock'

I roll over in my bed and look at my clock, it reads 12:45 A.M.! Who could possibly be knocking at nearly one in the morning, regardless, I get up and open the door, the first thing I see is a woman dressed in office type attire, and a little girl who looked no older than three years old. "Hello?" I say, although it comes out as more of a question." Are you Mr. Patrick Stump" the woman asks looking at a clipboard. "Yes, is there a problem mam?" I ask scratching my head. " No, she's yours." The woman says pushing the little girl towards me, and then walks away. " Hey wait!" I yell after her, nothing. " There's been a mistake, I don't have a daughter!" I say. The woman turns around for a minute, only to say " the papers are in her back pack," and then walks away. I stand there dumbfounded by what just happened, then walk back to my apartment and look at the girl. Holy smokes, she actually does look like me and my ex girlfriend, Anna... Wait, no, this cant be happening! Okay Patrick calm down I'm sure everything is fine. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the little girl tugging on my pajama pants. I look at her and smile, she smiles back and my heart melts. Snap out of it Patrick, Okay just start asking questions Patrick " what's your name kiddo?" " Ryland". That's what I told Anna I would name a daughter if I ever had one. " How old are you?" "three" although with her being three it sounded for like 'free' " do you have ay thing that the lady told you to give me?" I ask not knowing what to say. "Oh yeah!" she says excitedly. She came back with a folder and an envelope, I start with the folder, inside is a DNA test result sheet having my DNA match on it, a birth certificate, and her records. I look at the birth certificate first, it has Anna's name on it, but that's it. I told Anna four years ago I didn't believe her when she told me she was pregnant, god I feel so guilty, I keep looking at the DNA test now, it has a match of both me and Anna. I put the folder to the side and proceed to open the letter, as I read it tears start to form in my eyes, it says that Ryland is mine and how she knows if I'm reading this something has happened to her and how its my job to raise our daughter. With tear threatening to spill over I ask Ryland "where's mommy?" I wasn't sure if she knew her name was Anna. " the nice people at the hospital said mommy went heaven, is mommy gonna come back?" I look down, no baby girl, she's not." I say some tears spilling down my face " Why not?" she asks " Because god needed mommy okay?" " okay, are you my daddy?" she asks sounding sad and then a bit happier " yes sweetie, I am " I say smiling " YAY I HAVE A DADDY!" she yells and then runs into my arms " I love you daddy" she says and she snuggles into my chest, " I love you too baby girl, I love you too" I sigh, I don't even care that is after one in the morning by now I hold my little girl in my arms till she yawns " Daddy, I'm sleepy." " Okay, let's go to bed" I say picking her up and going up t my room I for now just put her in one of my t-shirts and tuck her in and kiss her forehead. I lay down on my bed and feel her snuggle into me I hold her and sigh with contentment " goodnight baby girl" " goodnight daddy" she says and then is out like a light I just think for a minute 'I'm a dad... HOLY SMOKES I'M A DAD'

Hey guys kaylee here the author this is my first fan fiction so please don't judge if its horrible I am more than open to ideas and possible characters I hope to hear from you guys

this chapter is helped and inspired by KristinaBalentine, thank you so much for believing that I can actually do this thanks for being my friend.

youngblood, over and out